Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default DIY Vacuum Actuator?

Hi Guys!
I run a 1/8 scale live steam locomotive.
While testing the vacuum brakes on my tender, I blew out the diaphrams that
activate its brakes.
The original unit was used as a vacuum advance for old-time carburetors and
is now an endangered species.
Anybody have success making their own from scratch?
If so, would you be willing to share the process?
Thanks in advance,
Chet (engineer of ANCR Mogul #9401)

american standard actuator/flapper problem Tony Home Repair 17 November 8th 16 09:44 PM
Pneumatic rotary actuator update Tom Gardner[_2_] Metalworking 10 June 29th 08 04:24 AM
Linear actuator needed kcleere Woodworking 14 July 16th 06 06:24 PM
linear actuator? Matt Woodworking 7 July 8th 05 09:50 PM
Clever actuator -- and pretty cheap [email protected] Metalworking 0 February 5th 05 01:12 AM