Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Brian Lawson Brian Lawson is offline

Default DIY Vacuum Actuator?

Hey Chet,

Just by chance, I saw the open hood of a Chrysler today with a 3.5
Litre engine, and there right at the front of the intake manifold was
a 2" or so vacuum levered gadget that apparently opens some sort of
air shutters when you stomp down on the gas. Probably work for you.

Take care.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
On Tue, 26 Aug 2008 17:29:50 -0400, "Chet"
wrote:

Hi Guys!
I run a 1/8 scale live steam locomotive.
While testing the vacuum brakes on my tender, I blew out the diaphrams that
activate its brakes.
The original unit was used as a vacuum advance for old-time carburetors and
is now an endangered species.
Anybody have success making their own from scratch?
If so, would you be willing to share the process?
Thanks in advance,
Chet (engineer of ANCR Mogul #9401)