Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Size of KDK-100 vs BX Tool holders

Anyboby know if the KDK-100 tool holders will fix on a BX tool post?

Spec's on the KDK site says the big end of their dovetail is 1.750 which
*IS* bigger than the BX.

I can get a good price on a KDK#119 5C collet holder and thought it'd be
pretty cool to use to hold different sized boring bars..

And yeah I made a bar that holds T*** inserts, but I do have some smaller
brazed carbide tip tools for smaller work. 'cides you can NEVER have enough
tool holders :-)

--.- Dave

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In article ,
"Dave August" wrote:

Anyboby know if the KDK-100 tool holders will fix on a BX tool post?

Spec's on the KDK site says the big end of their dovetail is 1.750 which
*IS* bigger than the BX.

I can get a good price on a KDK#119 5C collet holder and thought it'd be
pretty cool to use to hold different sized boring bars..

And yeah I made a bar that holds T*** inserts, but I do have some smaller
brazed carbide tip tools for smaller work. 'cides you can NEVER have enough
tool holders :-)

KDK and Aloris will *not* fit one another.

On their website, Aloris lists what will and will not fit, and
specifically says that KDK stuff will not fit.

Joe Gwinn
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Thanks Joe,

I didn't think it would but figured I'd ask... Never been to the Aloris
website, never thought of that.... ya gott wonder some times since the first
thing I did was hit the KDK site to get the measurement.

--.- Dave