Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Air car hybrid, very interesting and simple. Pretty cool.

Jon Elson wrote in
:

Jim Stewart wrote:
texasjim1093 wrote:

This might be off topic but at least it ain't politics.
This air car hybrid is really interesting and looks to be a
practical working vehicle, much better than lugging batteries
around, but no regenerative braking from what I see. Why have I not
seen technology involving regenerative brakes and compressed air?
There must be a good reason, but it seems like a plausible system.
http://gas2.org/2008/07/15/an-air-ca...2009-zpms-106-
mpg-compressed-air-hybrid/

I'd like to know how you could fill a 3200 cfi
carbon-fiber tank to 4500 psi in 3 minutes and
not have a melted ruptured mess from the heat.

Well, that's the killer right there. If you get rid of the
heat, it is a HUGE energy waste. If you don't, the tank melts.
Pretty sad!

Jon

The heat load sounds pretty drastic, but the heat does not need to be
wasted to the atmosphere. Suppose that you're running a compressor at home
to fill this thing. The waste heat could do some useful work, like heating
water or your house. I believe the idea is called cogeneration.

Bruce