Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default My Thanks !!

To whoever it was that mentioned refurbing his laptop , you encouraged me
to do the same . I'm typing this on a laptop from the recliner next to my
bed , on a wireless remote desktop connection to my desktop comp .
This one was my daughter's , she got a new one because this one was
missing some keys - she took them off to clean , lost them . I cleaned a
multitude of crap {programs , junk , music , etc . } off it , bought another
just like it on ebay for parts , and I'm likin' it !
This is going to be my travel computer , for bike trips . Ya know , it's
only been a couple (OK , four) years since I was dragged into the
twennyfirst century and got a cellphone ... and now here I am talking about
draggin' a laptop along !

Snag
wannabe machinist whose mill arrived wednesday ... it's in the shed , but
not yet set up .

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Terry Coombs" wrote in message
[...]

The suburb a mile just west of me bought all new laptops for the offices and
pitched a boatload of Dell Inspiron 5150s in the dumpster, complete with power
supplies and Windows XPP stickers on the bottom. Most were working, some had
the cracked solder joints...not too hard to fix. I've yet to buy a laptop 'cuz
somebody's always getting new ones and good used ones are a dime a dozen. WE
WIN!!! And, there are hotspots all over. There are six wide open wifi routers
in my neighborhood that I can reach. When I'm on the road, I've found them all
over.