Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Little OT, video camera source

I've got as manufacturing process that I want to
get a look at while it's running. Tight
quarters,
1" or so diameter spinning at around 800 RPM,
wet and slightly corrosive environment.
Kind of hot too---there is an extrusion head at
around 400 F a couple of inches away.

I need a capture rate that updates several times
per revolution. Something I can watch in
real time, and also download to a laptop and
review in slow motion.

I'm sure it's possible, but I'm probably going
to want to be sitting down when I hear the
cost. Any suggestions? Sources for a
camera? Something around 1/2" diameter
by maybe 2 inches long is about all I have room
for.

Would I be better off with a fiber optic viewing
wand with the camera remote mounted?

Bill