Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Painting machines for sale on eBay

I have had some luck painting stuff and selling it on eBay in the
painted condition. Maybe it was not worth the time spent, but it was
fun.

The common feeling amongst buyers, myself included, is that painting
is done to hide defects. So when selling such things, I always include
photos of them before painting (but possibly after cleaning).

Here are some pictures:

Enormous 2.5 inch Impact wrench:

http://yabe.algebra.com/~ichudov/mis...ctool-2424.jpg
http://yabe.algebra.com/~ichudov/mis...ctool-2416.jpg

Wilton 500S vise

http://yabe.algebra.com/~ichudov/mis...-500S-Vise.jpg

I kind of like bright colors and color contrasts. Would you say that
these tools look more like toys, or do you visually like the colors?

The vise probably was bought by a hobbyist.

This Ingersoll thing, definitely, is for serious, burly men who are
paid big bucks to do big jobs.

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2008-06-11, Christopher Tidy wrote:
Ignoramus3909 wrote:
I have had some luck painting stuff and selling it on eBay in the
painted condition. Maybe it was not worth the time spent, but it was
fun.

The common feeling amongst buyers, myself included, is that painting
is done to hide defects. So when selling such things, I always include
photos of them before painting (but possibly after cleaning).

Here are some pictures:

Enormous 2.5 inch Impact wrench:

http://yabe.algebra.com/~ichudov/mis...ctool-2424.jpg
http://yabe.algebra.com/~ichudov/mis...ctool-2416.jpg

Wilton 500S vise

http://yabe.algebra.com/~ichudov/mis...-500S-Vise.jpg

I kind of like bright colors and color contrasts. Would you say that
these tools look more like toys, or do you visually like the colors?

Your painting looks neat. People will be much less suspicious of
repainted tools if it has been done neatly. The worst is when you see a
picture of a repainted tool on eBay, and you can see the overspray on
everything, including the floor around the machine!

Yep. Then you know that they probably spray painted right over rust
and dried oil, ways etc.

That impact wrench looks neat. I could use one. How much do they sell for?

This impact weighs 135 lbs. It is for truly huge fasteners, like on
wind generators etc. What line of work are you in?

New it costs $13,000, give or take.

Best wishes,

Chris

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2008-06-11, Christopher Tidy wrote:

Ignoramus3909 wrote:

[...]

I just wanted one to bust off some excavator wheelnuts.

Should work. You would need a big impact socket. I have one for sale
that has a 1 3/4" hex size for 1 3/4" nuts (and fits the 2.5"
impacts).

New it costs $13,000, give or take.

I knew I wouldn't be able to afford one. What do the sell for used?

That one, sold for $1,500.00 and I probably asked too little, but I do
not care too much.

Best wishes,

Chris

posting on Usenet.