DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Source for brass numbers like these? (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/252841-source-brass-numbers-like-these.html)

_[_2_] June 11th 08 11:43 AM

Source for brass numbers like these?

Lee Valley Tools say they are discontinuing these brass numbers:

00K80.00 (and .01, .02, etcetera)

Pic at this link:

http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...at=1,250,43232

I use about 40 of these, mixed, once per year. Does anyone recognize them
from another source? Lee Valley droid says they are made in Tiawan and he
suspects that numbers sold were low so they are not carrying them anymore.

Similar size would do; must be brass, not plated.

Paul[_3_] June 12th 08 06:38 AM

"_" wrote in message
Lee Valley Tools say they are discontinuing these brass numbers:

00K80.00 (and .01, .02, etcetera)

Pic at this link:

http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...at=1,250,43232

I use about 40 of these, mixed, once per year. Does anyone recognize them
from another source? Lee Valley droid says they are made in Tiawan and he
suspects that numbers sold were low so they are not carrying them anymore.

Similar size would do; must be brass, not plated.

McMaster-Carr has some 1-1/2" tall ones on page 1878 www.mcmaser.com

Paul

Bob Engelhardt June 12th 08 01:16 PM

Source for brass numbers like these?

Build yourself a CNC plasma cutter. If you're spending $112 a year for
these, it would pay for itself in about 10 years G.

And you can make any size & font you want.

This is RCM, what kind of answer did you expect,
Bob