DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Monarch EC (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/248469-monarch-ec.html)

jw May 3rd 08 12:55 AM

Monarch EC

Does anyone know anything about the Monarch EC?

There is one for sale near me. Is it a CNC machine? The seller says
it has a lot of electronics on it and he isn't sure.

Chuck mount style?

Anything neat or interesting about them?

Thanks

JW

Karl Townsend May 3rd 08 01:52 AM

Monarch EC

There is one for sale near me. Is it a CNC machine? The seller says
it has a lot of electronics on it and he isn't sure.

Not CNC, its a chucker. here's info, scroll down
http://www.lathes.co.uk/monarch/

Karl

Bob in Phx May 3rd 08 03:43 AM

Monarch EC

A chucker?? I am not sure of what you mean by that.

bob in phx

anews.com...

Jon Elson May 3rd 08 05:54 AM

Monarch EC

Bob in Phx wrote:
A chucker?? I am not sure of what you mean by that.

bob in phx

"Karl Townsend" wrote in message
anews.com...

There is one for sale near me. Is it a CNC machine? The seller says
it has a lot of electronics on it and he isn't sure.

Not CNC, its a chucker. here's info, scroll down
http://www.lathes.co.uk/monarch/

See bottom photo on this URL, it is a model EC. Notice there is
no tailstock, the bed is quite short, and it has a tool turret
mounted on the cross slide.

Jon

D Murphy May 3rd 08 09:24 PM

Monarch EC

"Bob in Phx" wrote in news:YiQSj.8890$DG.8299
@newsfe10.phx:

A chucker?? I am not sure of what you mean by that.

No tailstock = chucker.

--

Dan

CNC Videos - http://tinyurl.com/yzdt6d