Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Aberdeen Scotland Visit: Metalworking Stuff?

I'm off tomorrow for a week in Aberdeen visiting my sister and BIL.
Top on my list is to do some of the local distillery tours. All that
shiny copper, you know. After that (or between while recuperating) do
any of you have favorite metalworking or model engineering places to
visit? Thanks.

Pete Keillor
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 29 Apr 2008 20:09:14 -0400, Pete Keillor
wrote:

I'm off tomorrow for a week in Aberdeen visiting my sister and BIL.
Top on my list is to do some of the local distillery tours. All that
shiny copper, you know. After that (or between while recuperating) do
any of you have favorite metalworking or model engineering places to
visit? Thanks.

Pete Keillor

Don't know where it is in relation to Aberdeen but I would love to
visit the Falkirk Wheel on the Socttish canals.

http://www.thefalkirkwheel.co.uk/

Errol Groff
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In article ,
Pete Keillor wrote:

I'm off tomorrow for a week in Aberdeen visiting my sister and BIL.
Top on my list is to do some of the local distillery tours. All that
shiny copper, you know. After that (or between while recuperating) do
any of you have favorite metalworking or model engineering places to
visit? Thanks.

For the distilleries, all the big ones are similar, but get to the
Edradour if possible for a different (far different) experience.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 29 Apr 2008 20:19:18 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm,
Errol Groff quickly quoth:

wrote:

I'm off tomorrow for a week in Aberdeen visiting my sister and BIL.
Top on my list is to do some of the local distillery tours. All that
shiny copper, you know. After that (or between while recuperating) do
any of you have favorite metalworking or model engineering places to
visit? Thanks.

Pete Keillor

Don't know where it is in relation to Aberdeen but I would love to
visit the Falkirk Wheel on the Socttish canals.

http://www.thefalkirkwheel.co.uk/

Yeah, yeah, yeah! And get us some shots of the guts of that monster
ride, eh, Pete? Cool!

P.S: Pet Nessie and give her a big hug for me, please.

--
As a curmudgeon, I grok that in its entirety.
--LJ
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

I'm off tomorrow for a week in Aberdeen visiting my sister and BIL.
Top on my list is to do some of the local distillery tours. All that
shiny copper, you know. After that (or between while recuperating) do
any of you have favorite metalworking or model engineering places to
visit? Thanks.

Pete Keillor

Don't know where it is in relation to Aberdeen but I would love to
visit the Falkirk Wheel on the Socttish canals.

http://www.thefalkirkwheel.co.uk/

Yeah, yeah, yeah! And get us some shots of the guts of that monster
ride, eh, Pete? Cool!

P.S: Pet Nessie and give her a big hug for me, please.

That's a ways from Aberdeen, we'll see. Of course, nothing's all that
far really. By Google Earth, it's 127 mi. from my sister's house,
about 3 hours.

Thanks for the ideas, everybody. I'm out of here. Report in a week+.

Pete

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Pete Keillor writes:
I'm off tomorrow for a week in Aberdeen visiting my sister and BIL.
Top on my list is to do some of the local distillery tours. All that
shiny copper, you know. After that (or between while recuperating) do
any of you have favorite metalworking or model engineering places to
visit? Thanks.

How about the Firth of Forth bridge, near Edinburgh? It was quite an
engineering feat at the time.

Dave

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

I'm off tomorrow for a week in Aberdeen visiting my sister and BIL.
Top on my list is to do some of the local distillery tours. All that
shiny copper, you know. After that (or between while recuperating) do
any of you have favorite metalworking or model engineering places to
visit? Thanks.

Pete Keillor

Don't know where it is in relation to Aberdeen but I would love to
visit the Falkirk Wheel on the Socttish canals.

http://www.thefalkirkwheel.co.uk/

Errol Groff

One of the local people, another volunteer in the outdoors group, just
came back from there with a quite detailed brocure on that "wheel".
Some peice of engineering. He was impressed.
...lew...