DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Boom pole (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/246892-boom-pole.html)

stryped April 23rd 08 04:56 PM

Boom pole

Any idea on some construction plans or how a person could build one? I
have some pipe laying around. Been thinking this would be a good
project to get my welding skills in order and the boom could be used
when I do build that trailer to raise the frame and things when
needed.

I only have an old 8n though. How much could that lift?

Jon[_4_] April 23rd 08 07:58 PM

Boom pole

The 3pt lift on 8n is not going to be as impressive as a newer tractor.

The shorter the pole, the more you can lift...

Look at the specs for a commercially made boom as a guide.