Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Gussets and trailer

Would 1/8 thick corner gussets be thick enough if I were to use them
in the corners of a 10 foot trailer?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

There are a lot of variables left out of that equation.

"stryped" wrote in message
Would 1/8 thick corner gussets be thick enough if I were to use them
in the corners of a 10 foot trailer?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"stryped" wrote in message

Would 1/8 thick corner gussets be thick enough if I were to use them
in the corners of a 10 foot trailer?- Hide quoted text -

Trailer is 2x3 tubing
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

stryped wrote:

Would 1/8 thick corner gussets be thick enough if I were to use them
in the corners of a 10 foot trailer?- Hide quoted text -

There are a lot of variables left out of that equation.

Trailer is 2x3 tubing

Color?

Nick
--
The lowcost-DRO:
http://www.yadro.de
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

stryped wrote:
Trailer is 2x3 tubing

--What's the wall thickness?
--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : Life is a big
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : **** sandwich...

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Apr 16, 10:29*am, steamer wrote:
stryped wrote:
Trailer is 2x3 tubing

* * * * --What's the wall thickness?
--
* * * * "Steamboat Ed" Haas * * * * : *Life is a big * * * * * * *
* * * * Hacking the Trailing Edge! *: ***** sandwich...
* * * * * * * * * * * * *www.nmpproducts.com
* * * * * * * * * *---Decks a-wash in a sea of words---

1/4
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 15:48:53 +0200, Nick Mueller
wrote:

stryped wrote:

Would 1/8 thick corner gussets be thick enough if I were to use them
in the corners of a 10 foot trailer?- Hide quoted text -

There are a lot of variables left out of that equation.

Trailer is 2x3 tubing

Color?

Nick

How thick is the tubing?
How big are the gussets? Overlapping the tubing or butted in?
Generally if the gusset is as thick as the other material it is heavy
enough, but that's just a generality.