Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Engine turning AL

Hi, all-

I just tried engine turning some AL bar stock using a wood dowel and
(unknown grit) water-based valve grinding compound. I've used this combo on
steel with nice results, but on AL I just get light gray swirls. I can get
some 80 or 120 grit gel lapping compound if that will do the necessary.

Any ideas?

-Carl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Carl Byrns" wrote:

Any ideas?

A little pad of red scotchbrite.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Wes" wrote in message
"Carl Byrns" wrote:

Any ideas?

A little pad of red scotchbrite.

Wes

Thanks- that works great.

-Carl

How to separate engine case on 5hp horizontal Briggs engine [email protected] Home Repair 1 December 31st 06 12:03 AM
cpu fan is turning , but the BIOS display that it is not turning ( MSI motherboard) computer Electronics Repair 3 December 23rd 05 10:38 PM
Engine Turning? G.A. Metalworking 18 February 9th 05 08:11 PM
sheet steel finishing and partial engine turning?! [email protected] Metalworking 3 January 15th 05 08:38 AM