Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default What is it? CCXXVI

On Fri, 4 Apr 2008 17:25:47 -0400, "R.H." wrote:

Sounds reasonable, but I've done lots of searching and haven't been able to
find anything else like it, so it's still a mystery for the moment. I think
I'll tentatively stay with the walking stick theory, although I do like
Patrick's Forest Boot-Snag idea. Hopefully someone will soon recognize it
and provide some evidence to prove how it was used.

The answers for the rest of this week's set can be seen he

http://pzphotosans226z8.blogspot.com/

Rob

Everyone's been assuming it's grasped by the ball end "handle".
Is it possible that it was hung from the hook and the ball performed
some function - like a clapper for a wooden bell?

There does appear to be wear marks near the largest diameter of the
ball as if it had rubbed against something.

Still doesn't nail down its purpose but it's something to think about.

Regards, Marv

Home Shop Freeware - Tools for People Who Build Things
http://www.myvirtualnetwork.com/mklotz