Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT-LOL!!!`

http://patriotshop.us/product_info.p...roducts_id=734

Rock on!!

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
http://patriotshop.us/product_info.p...roducts_id=734

Rock on!!

Gunner

Quit picking on our next president! ...or you might get "Fostered"!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

THINK ABOUT THIS AND IT'S EFFECT ON YOU AND YOURS! !

Social Security-remember this when voting

Just in case some of you young whippersnappers (& some older ones)
didn't know this. It's easy to check out, if you don't believe it. Be
sure and show it to your kids. They need a little history lesson on
what's what and it doesn't matter whether you are Democrat of
Republican.

Facts are Facts!! (go ahead and check it out).

Our Social Security - - -

Franklin Roosevelt, a Democrat, introduced the Social Security (FICA)
Program, and when he did, he promised:

1.) That participation in the Program would be completely
voluntary,

2.) That the participants would only have to pay 1% of the first
$1,400 of their annual incomes into the Program.

3.) That the money the participants elected to put into the
program would be deductible from their income for tax purposes each
year.

4.) That the money the participants put into the independent
'Trust Fund' rather than into the general operating fund, and
therefore, would only be used to fund the Social Security Retirement
Program and no other
government program.

5.) That the annuity payments to the retirees would never be
taxed as income.

Since many of us have paid into FICA for years and are now
receiving a Social Security check every month --
And then finding that we are getting taxed on 85% of the money
we paid to the federal government to 'put away' -- you may be
interested in the following:

Q: Which Political Party took Social Security from the
independent 'Trust Fund' and put it into the general fund so that
Congress could spend it?

A: It was Lyndon Johnson and the democratically controlled House
and Senate.

Q: Which Political Party eliminated the income tax deduction for
Social Security (FICA) withholding?

A: The Democratic Party.

Q: Which Political Party started taxing Social Security
annuities?

A: The Democratic Party, with Al Gore casting the 'tie-breaking'
deciding vote as President of the Senate, while he was Vice President
of the United States.

--------------------------------------------------- ------
----------

Q: Which Political Party decided to start giving annuity
payments to immigrants?
A: That's right! Jimmy Carter and the Democratic Party.

AND MY FAVORITE:
Immigrants moved into this country, and at age 65, they began to
receive Social Security payments! The Democratic Party gave these
payments to them even though they never paid a dime into it!

Then, after violating the original contract (FICA), the
Democrats turn around and tell you that the Republicans want to take
your Social Security away!

And the worst part about it is uninformed citizens believe it!

If enough people receive this, maybe a seed of awareness will be
planted and maybe changes will evolve...but then, maybe not...but some
Democrats are awfully sure of what isn't so.

But it's worth a try, so how many people can YOU send this to?
How many will you send this too?

Actions speak louder than bumper stickers.

AND CONGRESS GIVES THEMSELVES 100% RETIREMENT FOR ONLY SERVING
ONE TERM!!!

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is
strong enough to take everything you have."
-Thomas Jefferson

for torturing the cat." Gunner
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

You're right about all these points on social security and the dam a crats

But remember, it was a republican that put prescription drug benefits in.
People don't realize this yet. This will swamp social security and bankrupt
it. The fund was already in trouble when all the boomers (me) retire.

Karl (don't like either party) Townsend

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 1 Apr 2008 03:55:41 -0500, "Karl Townsend"
wrote:

You're right about all these points on social security and the dam a crats

But remember, it was a republican that put prescription drug benefits in.
People don't realize this yet. This will swamp social security and bankrupt
it. The fund was already in trouble when all the boomers (me) retire.

Karl (don't like either party) Townsend

Indeed. We all knew Bush was going to do this. It was part of his
campaign promises, and he has kept everyone of them.

Bush was and is a moderate.

But..the Left demonized him on the perscription drug bill, because it
didnt go far enough.

If we had voted in a Dem..we would have gotten a far far worse bill
...simply check out the Dems promises about it and we would have been
even deeper in the ****.

Im tired of voting for someone, to make sure the other twit doesnt get
elected.

Id like to vote for someone because they are the best, rather than the
lesser of two evils.

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Liberal Fascism: The Secret History of the American Left, From Mussolini
to the Politics of Meaning

The Forgotten Man: A New History of the Great Depression

Whatever party, the constant crisis mongering is a tool to get the
masses to clamor for action, no matter if the past has demonstrated (in
blood!) that giving others the power to save us from ourselves will end
with the masses taking it in the shorts.

wrote:

[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
THINK ABOUT THIS AND IT'S EFFECT ON YOU AND YOURS! !

Social Security-remember this when voting

As usual, a pile of lies, half-truths, and misleading crap, which Gunner
gathered from one of the right-wing blogs or maybe a Ron Paul blog.

Tracking down all of these claims could take days, but here are the facts on
the first few:

Just in case some of you young whippersnappers (& some older ones)
didn't know this. It's easy to check out, if you don't believe it. Be
sure and show it to your kids. They need a little history lesson on
what's what and it doesn't matter whether you are Democrat of
Republican.

Facts are Facts!! (go ahead and check it out).

Our Social Security - - -

Franklin Roosevelt, a Democrat, introduced the Social Security (FICA)
Program, and when he did, he promised:

1.) That participation in the Program would be completely
voluntary,

It still is, technically. There is no requirement that you file for a Social
Security number. However, you'll still pay the tax if you don't, as will
your employer, and you won't be able to collect any benefits. There are many
other benefits that you can't claim as a result of not having a SS number,
at both the federal and state level, including unemployment insurance,
Medicare and Medicaid, and numerous others. There also are state laws
requiring that you have a SS number, possibly illegal, but not fully tested
in the courts.

2.) That the participants would only have to pay 1% of the first
$1,400 of their annual incomes into the Program.

There was a schedule, advancing the amount by years, with the value after
1948 increasing to 3%. In fact, the increase was *delayed* for years after
that, and further advances were the result of later enactments of law in
later years, not from the act as FDR proposed or signed it.

3.) That the money the participants elected to put into the
program would be deductible from their income for tax purposes each
year.

Pure bull****. Here's the wording of Section 803 of the original Social
Security Act, 1935, Title VIII:

"DEDUCTIBILITY FROM INCOME TAX

"SEC. 803. For the purposes of the income tax imposed by Title I of the
Revenue Act of 1934 or by any Act of Congress in substitution therefor, the
tax imposed by section 801 shall not be allowed as a deduction to the
taxpayer in computing his net income for the year in which such tax is
deducted from his wages."

That's three Gunner BS Awards out of three. And that's all I'm going to
check.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch wrote:
http://patriotshop.us/product_info.p...roducts_id=734

Rock on!!

Gunner

"Hillary's response to being caught in such a bold-faced lie? “You know,
I think that, a minor blip, you know, if I said something that, you
know, I say a lot of things—millions of words a day—so if I misspoke,
that was just a misstatement.”"

Remember "... but I didn't inhale."? Or (my all-time favorite) "I don't
think most Americans would define that as 'sex'". I can see some
man/wife trying it out on the spouse "honey, what I did last night with
that sheep wouldn't be considered 'sex' by 90% of Americans, so lay off,
will ya?"

Of course, on the other side we have those meetings that were slept
through, VP's who were "out of the loop", the whole WMD "creative
truth", not to mention just about all of "compassionate conservatism".

I wonder if Obama or McCain has been caught out lying yet?

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rex Rex is offline

C'mon Gunner, this has been around befo

http://www.snopes.com/politics/taxes/sschanges.asp

Lots of blame on both sides of the aisle

Gunner Asch wrote:
[...]

A: It was Lyndon Johnson and the democratically controlled House
and Senate.

Q: Which Political Party eliminated the income tax deduction for
Social Security (FICA) withholding?

A: The Democratic Party.

Q: Which Political Party started taxing Social Security
annuities?

A: The Democratic Party, with Al Gore casting the 'tie-breaking'
deciding vote as President of the Senate, while he was Vice President
of the United States.

--------------------------------------------------- ------
----------

Q: Which Political Party decided to start giving annuity
payments to immigrants?
A: That's right! Jimmy Carter and the Democratic Party.

[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Rex" wrote in message
m...
C'mon Gunner, this has been around befo

http://www.snopes.com/politics/taxes/sschanges.asp

Lots of blame on both sides of the aisle

Damn, I could have saved myself some hassle by thinking to check Snopes
first.

--
Ed Huntress