Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default benchman 4000 or other Benchman with ATC?

Does anyone here have a Benchman 4000 or another Benchman (5000,MX,
etc) with an ATC (Automatic Tool Changer)? I am setting up my machine
for the first time, and I am having a strange issue when running a
prog for the first time.
I configured the tools x,y,z coordinates correctly, setup the sensors,
etc. I went to run the program, and it correctly found the first
tool needed in the program, the atc raised, the collet opened and
pushed the tool into the collet...but here is what happened next:
After grabbing the tool, instead of the ATC moving back away from the
tool and the tool raising, the tool just raised, ripping the tool
holder of that station up and bending the piston. Is there something
I need to set in the ATC to tell it to move away??

Scott
(Also, does anyone know why the x and y move the opposite way on the
machine as on the screen? ie: when I push the x coordinate to the
right, the slide moves left)

Brother SX-4000 Typewriter Boba Electronics Repair 1 May 1st 06 12:23 PM
BT 4000 Edwin Pawlowski Woodworking 0 December 7th 05 02:10 PM
Boardmaster 4000 needed [email protected] Electronics Repair 0 June 10th 05 08:23 AM
Bosche 4000 -7 table saw Fred Wolf Woodworking 3 November 5th 03 03:58 AM