Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Hideous accident! Body caught in machine.

Death by pinch roller. Look if you dare!

http://www.laserlab.pt/GALERIA_INSOLITOS/rato2.jpg
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 06 Mar 2008 23:44:55 -0600, Richard J Kinch wrote:
Death by pinch roller. Look if you dare!

http://www.laserlab.pt/GALERIA_INSOLITOS/rato2.jpg

These things happen when you don't abide by the warnings. I myself
witnessed a similar tragedy involving a somewhat unexplainable
individual who violated lockout/tagout rules and engaged themself in the
electric dryer's power feed.

Sometimes being the dad is overrated. Pulling a stinky-dead mouse out
of a 220V outlet, is one of those times.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Dave Hinz" wrote

Sometimes being the dad is overrated. Pulling a stinky-dead mouse out
of a 220V outlet, is one of those times.

What's worse is the "oh, it's such an easy thing that anyone can do it and
HE wants nothing but credit and adulation for pulling something out of the
dryer he shouldn't have let in the house in the first place it he would have
just sealed up every tiny crack like I told him to do a year ago instead of
playing golf and watching all that football."

That's the part that stings.

Steve ;-)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 06 Mar 2008 23:44:55 -0600, with neither quill nor qualm,
Richard J Kinch quickly quoth:

Death by pinch roller. Look if you dare!

http://www.laserlab.pt/GALERIA_INSOLITOS/rato2.jpg

I wonder if the local office supply store will accept it for
refilling...

--
The best and safest thing is to keep a balance in your life,
acknowledge the great powers around us and in us. If you can
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Richard J Kinch wrote:

Death by pinch roller. Look if you dare!

http://www.laserlab.pt/GALERIA_INSOLITOS/rato2.jpg

I think Tom's cats were behind that.

Wes

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I think Tom's cats were behind that.

Now that's the funniest thing I've heard all day!
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.

V8013-R

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Wes" wrote in message
Richard J Kinch wrote:

Death by pinch roller. Look if you dare!

http://www.laserlab.pt/GALERIA_INSOLITOS/rato2.jpg

I think Tom's cats were behind that.

Wes

NOT GUILTY! They would have chewed on the head a bit.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default High Res old time machinery photos

www.shorpy.com

I like this website of old-tyme photos, scanned in high resolution.
Everything from waifs in factories in the early 1900s to gorgeous
Kodachrome WWII war effort photos to dustbowl farmers. A real slice
of life.

A couple metal related photos:

http://www.shorpy.com/node/2632 - machining 40mm gunbarrel with 5
cutters

http://www.shorpy.com/node/677 - girls in curls operating a large
grinder

http://www.shorpy.com/node/1348 - 20 cutter wheel flange lathe, not
high-res

I check it every week after some of the reader comments have
accumulated. The insights of the commenters are tremendous. I am not
associated with the site, just a fan and thought you might like the
occasional metalworking content.

Enjoy,
Chris
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

[...]

oh yes! very nice pictures! thanks for the tip! (i'm stuck in the "pretty
girls" section, i have to look at every single one, in the hi-res mode!).
beautiful. evocative. interesting comments too.

b.w.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Wes" wrote in message
Richard J Kinch wrote:

Death by pinch roller. Look if you dare!

http://www.laserlab.pt/GALERIA_INSOLITOS/rato2.jpg

I think Tom's cats were behind that.

Wes

Speaking of cats, If I throw one from my car, have I made "Kitty litter"?

Flash

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 08 Mar 2008 03:45:15 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm,
"William Wixon" quickly quoth:

oh yes! very nice pictures! thanks for the tip! (i'm stuck in the "pretty
girls" section, i have to look at every single one, in the hi-res mode!).
beautiful. evocative. interesting comments too.

Oh my freakin' gawd! I've never seen such an array of shapeless,
-ugly- women in my entire life. That's disgusting!

OK, on the fourth page, the one picture of the Third International
Pageant of Pulchritude and Ninth Annual Bathing Girl Revue, June 1928.
Galveston, Texas. had some passable beauties. The rest are double and
triple baggers, dude. (Double bagging is where you not only put a bag
over her head, you put one over your own in case hers slips off.)

--
The best and safest thing is to keep a balance in your life,
acknowledge the great powers around us and in us. If you can
do that, and live that way, you are really a wise man.
-- Euripides
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dan Dan is offline

I work in a lot of old factories and find old machinery sitting in a
corner somewhere and wonder what the stories are behind these old
machines and the people that ran them.
I was looking at a steam driven reciprocating air compressor the other
day at a Midwest steel mill. It was a two-stage reciprocating steam
engine driving a two-stage reciprocating air compressor. Still has
the old flyball governor sitting on top.
They were great old machines.

[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 07 Mar 2008 07:15:09 -0500, Maxwell Lol wrote:
Dave Hinz writes:

On Thu, 06 Mar 2008 23:44:55 -0600, Richard J Kinch wrote:
Death by pinch roller. Look if you dare!

http://www.laserlab.pt/GALERIA_INSOLITOS/rato2.jpg

These things happen when you don't abide by the warnings.

Let me know if you figure out a way for mice to read the warning signs.
p.s. It's safe to look at the picture. :-)

Um, yeah, I know. It was a joke.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Arizona state has a rat get into the 14,400 lines in the central plant. took
out one of the transformers.

this link it to the University Technical Office blog, from the VP in
charge...

https://uto.asu.edu/blog/2008/02/04/power-for-algernon/