DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   OT But Has Some Metal Grinding... (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/235996-ot-but-has-some-metal-grinding.html)

Joe AutoDrill March 3rd 08 02:18 PM

OT But Has Some Metal Grinding...

Oh boy... Must have been a run on shorts at this airport after they
eventually landed....

http://www.breitbart.tv/?p=56184

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
01.908.542.0244

V8013-R

Karl Townsend March 3rd 08 04:19 PM

OT But Has Some Metal Grinding...

That looks like some serious cross wind. Worst thing for landing a plane.

Karl

NoOne N Particular March 3rd 08 08:25 PM

Joe AutoDrill wrote:
Oh boy... Must have been a run on shorts at this airport after they
eventually landed....

http://www.breitbart.tv/?p=56184

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
01.908.542.0244

V8013-R

Reminds me of this one.

Wayne

GeoLane at PTD dot NET March 5th 08 04:13 AM

OT But Has Some Metal Grinding...

On Mon, 03 Mar 2008 14:18:08 GMT, "Joe AutoDrill"
wrote:

Oh boy... Must have been a run on shorts at this airport after they
eventually landed....

http://www.breitbart.tv/?p=56184

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.

I had a landing like that in Alaska one time. We were going to Good
News Bay if I remember correctly. Mountain on one side of the runway
and a dropoff to the frozen bay on the other side. A strong crosswind
coming down off the mountain. We touched down and the pilot turned
the plane into the wind and feathered the prop to keep us from blowing
off into the bay as we slid down the frozen runway at a 45º angle. I
was too young and stupid to know how dangerous it was at the time.

RWL