Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT - Anyone else having problems with FedEx online shipping?

They did a website update. International
shipping seems to be seriously broke and
domestic is barely limping along.

Anyone else having problems?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Jim Stewart wrote:
They did a website update. International
shipping seems to be seriously broke and
domestic is barely limping along.

Anyone else having problems?

Not lately, but I have had a number of problems over the last year or so
with things not working right. I have gotten their tech support on the
line and they stepped me through doing certain operations, and the
labels on the buttons are NOT always correct as to what they do.
I have had to have them reset my account when it got locked-up in some
manner, one time.

I use Mozilla under Linux, so that may be part of the problem.

Jon

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Jim Stewart wrote:
They did a website update. International
shipping seems to be seriously broke and
domestic is barely limping along.

Anyone else having problems?

This probably isn't what you are talking about, but I did a
"courtesy quote" about a month ago for a customer in Singapore,
and came up with $72 to ship 5 Lbs there, insured for $800.
Well, I took the package to the FedEx-Kinkos location, and they
billed me for $140! I called their 800 number, and they
couldn't explain why it was so much higher. (This doesn't
include the VAT/duties, either.)

These shipping rates are totally insane, if it gets much worse,
the shipping will exceed my list price. Good thing I'm selling
compact, lightweight electronics, or that would already be the case!

Jon