Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default What is it? CCXXVII

"Alexander Thesoso" wrote:

1210 Library newspaper holder. Back in the time when people went to
libraries to read, and newspapers were printed on paper, this kind of holder
was clamped to the spine of a newspaper, and several newspapers were hung by
the clamp on a notched rack.

I fondly remember reading newspapers on a stick at the then local library.

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Wes" wrote in message
"Alexander Thesoso" wrote:

1210 Library newspaper holder. Back in the time when people went to
libraries to read, and newspapers were printed on paper, this kind of
holder
was clamped to the spine of a newspaper, and several newspapers were hung
by
the clamp on a notched rack.

I fondly remember reading newspapers on a stick at the then local library.

Wes

That was the On-A-Stick era in American culture. Popsicles, corn dogs,
newspapers. And we topped it off at the end by adopting fondue as the
centerpiece for dinner parties.

My wife is recovering from an operation and somebody sent her a basket of
fruit-on-a-stick. It's cut up like daisies and other flowers. Fondue
memories, they are.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ed Huntress" wrote:

My wife is recovering from an operation and somebody sent her a basket of
fruit-on-a-stick. It's cut up like daisies and other flowers. Fondue
memories, they are.

I hope the operatation is a success. I'm having a chicken burrito atm,
dipping the beans and burrito in cheese sauce. Yummy.

A carmel apple sounds good atm.

Wes

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Wes" wrote in message
"Ed Huntress" wrote:

My wife is recovering from an operation and somebody sent her a basket of
fruit-on-a-stick. It's cut up like daisies and other flowers. Fondue
memories, they are.

I hope the operatation is a success.

Yeah, she fell and broke her humerus in four places and shattered her
shoulder. They stuck a titanium rod and three screws in her. I offered some
Loctite but they said she'd hold together without it.

So I'm now a full-time nurse. She'll recover, but they say it will take six
months.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 31 Jan 2008 19:41:41 -0500, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

"Wes" wrote in message
"Ed Huntress" wrote:

My wife is recovering from an operation and somebody sent her a basket of
fruit-on-a-stick. It's cut up like daisies and other flowers. Fondue
memories, they are.

I hope the operatation is a success.

Yeah, she fell and broke her humerus in four places and shattered her
shoulder. They stuck a titanium rod and three screws in her. I offered some
Loctite but they said she'd hold together without it.

So I'm now a full-time nurse. She'll recover, but they say it will take six
months.

So now you can do as I did and learn how to put a bra ON, etc.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

"Wes" wrote in message
"Ed Huntress" wrote:

My wife is recovering from an operation and somebody sent her a basket
of
fruit-on-a-stick. It's cut up like daisies and other flowers. Fondue
memories, they are.

I hope the operatation is a success.

Yeah, she fell and broke her humerus in four places and shattered her
shoulder. They stuck a titanium rod and three screws in her. I offered
some
Loctite but they said she'd hold together without it.

So I'm now a full-time nurse. She'll recover, but they say it will take
six
months.

So now you can do as I did and learn how to put a bra ON, etc.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada

Haha! Yes, there have been several new experiences. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress