Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default What is it? CCXIV

"R.H." wrote in message
Still not sure about the lanyard, but the others have been answered
correctly this week:

http://pzphotosans214xr.blogspot.com/

Rob

that's so funny, "lok un lok tool". it looks like there's a yellow label on
the handle, is the writing on it in english or japanese? i know in japan
the cab drivers have a built in mechanism in taxicabs that (manually) opens
and closes (and locks?, i can't remember) the rear passenger doors. i was
wondering where or WHY in the world anyone would need a "lok and unlok"
tool. truckers picking up hookers at truck stops? ("hold on honey while i
break out my trusty "lok and unlok tool"!) this lok and unlok tool reminded
me most of the long thin hammers they use in europe to ring passenger train
wheels at the train station, but, i mean, obviously that's not what it was
for.

1194. in japanese. the illustration in the lower right LOOKED like a bath
faucet, but i couldn't see how that round female part could attach to a
square bath faucet and still be water and pressure tight. wow.

1195. lol. of course, a lobster cracker! it's so obvious now! looks JUST
like the chrome plated ones at my local chinese buffet.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 12 Jan 2008 22:51:52 +0100 (CET), Barbara Bailey
wrote:

Ned Simmons wrote:
Leon Fisk wrote:
"R.H." wrote:

that's so funny, "lok un lok tool".

Take a look at this patent:

http://www.google.com/patents?vid=3819221

"AUTOMOBILE DOOR BUTTON-OPERATING IMPLEMENT"

Is that a patent for a stick?

FWIW, I had one of these things when I was driving a full-sized van which
didn't have power door locks, It did away with the necessity of climbing
(or trying to stretch) all the way across the front seats and anything
stacked in between them to unlock the other door.

The 1985 model I have downstairs is simply a piece of wood as would be
used to make a yard stick, about a foot long with a notch in the end
to slip under the knob on the lock button, it became useless when they
amputated the knob.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Ned Simmons wrote:
Leon Fisk wrote:
"R.H." wrote:

that's so funny, "lok un lok tool".

Take a look at this patent:

http://www.google.com/patents?vid=3819221

"AUTOMOBILE DOOR BUTTON-OPERATING IMPLEMENT"

Is that a patent for a stick?

FWIW, I had one of these things when I was driving a full-sized van which
didn't have power door locks, It did away with the necessity of climbing
(or trying to stretch) all the way across the front seats and anything
stacked in between them to unlock the other door.

The 1985 model I have downstairs is simply a piece of wood as would be
used to make a yard stick, about a foot long with a notch in the end
to slip under the knob on the lock button, it became useless when they
amputated the knob.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada

Hey Gerry,

Those were popular around London and into SW Ontario back in the day
when they were useful. I've forgotten the name of the advertiser now
though, but they were a "freebie" from a paper-goods supplier in town.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

The 1985 model I have downstairs is simply a piece of wood as would be
used to make a yard stick, about a foot long with a notch in the end
to slip under the knob on the lock button, it became useless when they
amputated the knob.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada

Hey Gerry,

Those were popular around London and into SW Ontario back in the day
when they were useful. I've forgotten the name of the advertiser now
though, but they were a "freebie" from a paper-goods supplier in town.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.

Actually, when I look at it, it is a lot older than 1985, all the
lettering is pretty well worn off except a warning not to sign
anything until you look ????. I suspect it came from Rumble Pontiac
Buick in Leaside, as that is where my ex-landlady's husband worked
before he died.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada