Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default long time lurker needs end mill

1.25 or 1.5 (or larger) HSS end mill with .25 corner radius. flute lenth
75. Inserted cutter wont cut it (UHMW). Need by Wed. morning. Please
reply to

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

make that point.75

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Probably a catalog item at MSC Direct or any large machinists supply house.
In a pinch I've free hand ground radii on 2 and 4 flute EMs on bench
grinders and belt sanders.

"Scott Henry" wrote in message
1.25 or 1.5 (or larger) HSS end mill with .25 corner radius. flute lenth
75. Inserted cutter wont cut it (UHMW). Need by Wed. morning. Please
reply to

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

yea, I'm sure we've all done that. Could'nt even find a suitable donor.
Shop I'm at now is about the size of the tool crib at my last place.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DT DT is offline

1.25 or 1.5 (or larger) HSS end mill with .25 corner radius. flute lenth
75. Inserted cutter wont cut it (UHMW). Need by Wed. morning. Please
reply to

For cutting plastic, is there a suitable router bit that would work?

--
Dennis

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Don't know. Need a good finish on bottom and sides and radius, all with
one cutter.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Scott Henry wrote:
1.25 or 1.5 (or larger) HSS end mill with .25 corner radius. flute lenth
75. Inserted cutter wont cut it (UHMW). Need by Wed. morning. Please
reply to

Any chance you can use a fly cutter with a hand radiused (sp) bit after
leaving 1/4" of material on the bottom?
Randy
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Dec 29, 9:41 am, (DT) wrote:
1.25 or 1.5 (or larger) HSS end mill with .25 corner radius. flute lenth
75. Inserted cutter wont cut it (UHMW). Need by Wed. morning. Please
reply to

For cutting plastic, is there a suitable router bit that would work?

--
Dennis

I agree with Dennis - I cut UHMW all the time and a router bit will do
the best job (use about 6000 RPM)

Eric