Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Eff'd again...

"Karl Townsend" wrote:

Sure makes me glad i don't live in NEW YORK CITY.

That is what gun control brings you.

All the neighbors know where I keep the keys in case they need something
when I'm not around.

I'm not that free with my stuff but but I know what you mean. Mom and uncle
haven't locked their homes in years, leave keys in vehicals, ect. I'm just
2 miles away. The only problem I've had is someone stole a dead battery out
of my car 20 years ago while I was walking over to my buds to get him to
come out and give me a jump start.

Wes

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Wes" wrote in message
"Karl Townsend" wrote:

Sure makes me glad i don't live in NEW YORK CITY.

That is what gun control brings you.

All the neighbors know where I keep the keys in case they need something
when I'm not around.

I'm not that free with my stuff but but I know what you mean. Mom and
uncle
haven't locked their homes in years, leave keys in vehicals, ect. I'm
just
2 miles away. The only problem I've had is someone stole a dead battery
out
of my car 20 years ago while I was walking over to my buds to get him to
come out and give me a jump start.

Wes

It is funny how a few miles of distance can change how trustworthy the
people are, thieves must be lazy. Years ago I lived across town in a not so
good neighborhood, not real bad either, but allot of Hispanics in the area.
It was about '80 and at the time we had a hell of a time getting rid of used
car batteries. I had just replaced the battery in the car and was at a loss
of what to do with the old one. I washed it up, got it nice and pretty and
set it on a board outside the garage. The next morning it was gone like
anything else that was not bolted down, or left unlocked. I have since moved
about 5 miles away and nothing ever happens in this neighborhood. Same deal,
many times the garage is left unlocked the kids bike gets left in the yard
for weeks. I set stuff on the curb hoping someone will take it and it sets
there for days sometimes. My neighbor knows where the keys are for my garage
and I told him to help himself if he needs anything, but he always calls me
first to check before he lets himself in.
Greg

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 07 Dec 2007 05:45:29 -0500, Wes wrote:
"Karl Townsend" wrote:

Sure makes me glad i don't live in NEW YORK CITY.

That is what gun control brings you.

Wait, are you saying, (help me here) that if criminals have a legally
enforced tactical advantage, they (gasp!) take advantage of it? Say it
isn't so. You must not have tried to understand how they're being held
down by the man or something. How dare you.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 07 Dec 2007 05:45:29 -0500, Wes wrote:

That is what gun control brings you.

It's what having thieves for neighbors brings you. Ya can't shoot
thieves and get away with it, except perhaps in Texas.

Tom G. has guns, still experiences theft, right Tom? Shot any thieves
lately? Ever? Gunner has a gun or three, has also experienced
significant theft losses here and there, now and then. He wasn't in
jail last I looked.

I'm not pickin' on Tom or Gunner nor supporting gun control, far from
it. Way far from it.

Legislated gun control is harmful to the citizenry simply (but
importantly) because it demonstrably does not deprive badguys of
guns while depriving citizens of viable defense. We must respect the
right of those who choose to be defenseless against mortal threat to
do so, but we must not allow them to impose their choice upon us.
So endeth the sermon almost before it starts, y'all have heard it
before. G
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 07 Dec 2007 23:49:51 -0600, Don Foreman
wrote:

Tom G. has guns, still experiences theft, right Tom? Shot any thieves
lately? Ever? Gunner has a gun or three, has also experienced
significant theft losses here and there, now and then. He wasn't in
jail last I looked.

I also have access to a backhoe.

Gunner

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner wrote:

I also have access to a backhoe.

5ft under a septic tank is a good place if you need tips.

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 07 Dec 2007 23:40:04 -0800, with neither quill nor qualm,
Gunner quickly quoth:

wrote:

Tom G. has guns, still experiences theft, right Tom? Shot any thieves
lately? Ever? Gunner has a gun or three, has also experienced
significant theft losses here and there, now and then. He wasn't in
jail last I looked.

I also have access to a backhoe.

I call that Justice, with another point for non-recidivism!

--
Smokey the Bear's rules for fire safety should apply to government:
Keep it small, keep it in a confined area, and keep an eye on it.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Tom G. has guns, still experiences theft, right Tom? Shot any thieves
lately? Ever? Gunner has a gun or three, has also experienced
significant theft losses here and there, now and then. He wasn't in
jail last I looked.

I also have access to a backhoe.

I call that Justice, with another point for non-recidivism!

You guys are incorrigable! Like that about you.