Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Hossfeld type bender plans

Do I recall someone posting plans for a Hossfeld type bender in the
dropbox? Or perhaps there was mention of a web site that describes
how to build one.

A friend who is wintering in FL just emailed me with a problem with
bending and asked if I could point him toward some information.

Many thanks,

Errol Groff

Instructor, Manufacturing Technology
H.H. Ellis Technical High School
613 Upper Maple Street
Danielson, CT 06239

New England Model Engineering Society
www.neme-s.org

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Errol Groff wrote:
Do I recall someone posting plans for a Hossfeld type bender in the
dropbox? Or perhaps there was mention of a web site that describes
how to build one.

A friend who is wintering in FL just emailed me with a problem with
bending and asked if I could point him toward some information.

Many thanks,

Errol Groff

Instructor, Manufacturing Technology
H.H. Ellis Technical High School
613 Upper Maple Street
Danielson, CT 06239

New England Model Engineering Society
www.neme-s.org

Thanks Dave. The link has been forwarded to my pal in FL.

Errol
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Depending on how big the materials are, you might consider a cheapo. I got
one still in the box I have yet to mount. I owned one like it from a co.
called Breakdown, IIRC. Had nice round bending dies, and was pretty rugged.
Nothing like a Hossfeld, but it worked for what I was using it for. You got
to bend a lot of stuff to justify Hossfeld cost. A set of scrolls cost me
$285 in 1982, and are around $900 now.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"John Miller" wrote in message
I believe that Steve is refering to "Lockdown Security" AKA Shop
Outfitters. I don't have a web address for them but a search should get you
one.

That's it. I bought that one in '87. The one I have now looks identical.
Pretty reasonable, and results are passable. For the money.

Steve