Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Open the Box.

Just to pile on here; this problem is not yet resolved, but am still
working it with Home Depot.

Ordered some laminate for a quick kitchen replacement of the tile
countertop. The order was for two 5 x 12 sheets and one 4 x 8 sheet.
(BTW,
HD's price is just a little over 1/2 of what Lowe's was going to charge
for
the same product.) Got a call from HD that my order was in and went to
pick it up. The stuff comes rolled up in a box; the special order clerk
and I looked inside to make sure the color was right, but we didn't take
the stuff out of the box -- I can't imagine being able to get that stuff
rolled back up into a 12" x 12" square container and there was no way to
tell if there was one, two or five sheets in the box.

Yep, got home and found out I was shorted the 4 x 8 sheet. Called HD,
they
were apologetic and said they would look into it. Called again a week
later, they are still looking into it, the expediter has me on her list to
call when they get it figured out. Went in today in person, the associate
called the service center, lady handling this was on lunch break; he took
my name and said he'd call back. That was 7 hours ago; no phone call.

At this point, I'm pretty confident that HD will make the right; but
right
now, I'm thinking having the desk clerks re-roll the laminate would have
been less hassle.

I tend to try the phone for the first step in fixing a K.F. then I go in
person and I'll wait for them to eat...loudly, if necessary ..with the store
manager if needed, but I rarely need to return...it tends to get fixed that
trip...not always, but more often than not.

And I've only been escorted out of one store...saw it coming, kept opening
my mouth( I did suggest to my wife that she might want to leave now before I
embarass her...she left and waited in the truck for me) and just HAD to keep
pushing...loudly...security was called, I was removed. Next day, I got a
call telling me that it turns out I was right all along and my check would
be in the mail shortly...got it about 2 weeks later...I was pretty sure that
I was just being blown off, but I still cashed the check.

Mike