Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Name That Saw

A friend who made a killer bumper for trucks & other off road
vehicles, Paul Rickard, had a little German made, I think, chop saw
that was a beautiful machine. Very precise. Carbide blade and it seems
from my memory almost every part of it was machined rather than metal
stamped. Had an integrated coolant system too. Think it ran on 220 and
might have even been 3 phase. Anyone have an idea of what it was??
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

El Cazador wrote:
A friend who made a killer bumper for trucks & other off road
vehicles, Paul Rickard, had a little German made, I think, chop saw
that was a beautiful machine. Very precise. Carbide blade and it seems
from my memory almost every part of it was machined rather than metal
stamped. Had an integrated coolant system too. Think it ran on 220 and
might have even been 3 phase. Anyone have an idea of what it was??

Trennjaeger perhaps http://www.trennjaeger.info/

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 17 Nov 2007 05:55:42 -0800 (PST), El Cazador
wrote:

A friend who made a killer bumper for trucks & other off road
vehicles, Paul Rickard, had a little German made, I think, chop saw
that was a beautiful machine.

Bewo saws are very nice.
http://www.bewo.nl/htm/en/product_ha...elzaagmach.htm

--
Ned Simmons
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

El Cazador wrote:

A friend who made a killer bumper for trucks & other off road
vehicles, Paul Rickard, had a little German made, I think, chop saw
that was a beautiful machine. Very precise. Carbide blade and it seems
from my memory almost every part of it was machined rather than metal
stamped. Had an integrated coolant system too. Think it ran on 220 and
might have even been 3 phase. Anyone have an idea of what it was??

Might be a Kaltenbach.

GWE

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 17 Nov 2007 14:12:50 GMT, "Randy Zimmerman"
wrote:

They are called cold saws..... very precise. No sparks and quiet!

http://www.hydmech.com/index.php?opt...90&Itemi d=45

Precise, maybe- but quiet? The one we've got at work is about the
loudest cutting tool I've ever heard! Kind of a man-killer with that
handle, too.

Could just be that particular saw, or the blades we've got for it, but
I prefer a well-tuned bandsaw any day.