Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Calcium Chloride for dehumidifing

Same stuff as for melting ice?

Any major reason to use prilled CC vs the Ice Melter stuff?

thanks

gary
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Any major reason to use prilled CC vs the Ice Melter stuff?

Calcium is the most important fertilizer for apple trees. You can buy it for
big $ at the Grower supply or for peanuts at Wally world and Sam's club.
I've used both prilled and Dow flake. Seem equal to me. AND both certainly
would make fine desiccants.

Karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Nov 4, 3:34 am, "Karl Townsend"
wrote:
Any major reason to use prilled CC vs the Ice Melter stuff?

Calcium is the most important fertilizer for apple trees. You can buy it for
big $ at the Grower supply or for peanuts at Wally world and Sam's club.
I've used both prilled and Dow flake. Seem equal to me. AND both certainly
would make fine desiccants.

Karl

It's used in the oilfield, as well. Hunt up an oilfield mud supplier
and I bet you can get some cheap