Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Quincy 10 HP compressor and VFD

The 10 HP compressor is now in my yard. Looking good, but needs a
little cleaning.

I will hopefully receive the VFD on Friday or so. It is a Siemens SED2
18.5 kW rated drive. Assuming it works, I have to set its parameters
and here's where I need a little bit of wisdom.

Specifically, my question is how do I set the acceleration ramp-up so
that it works nicely with the unloaders. My own thinking is that I
should accelerate slowly almost up to the speed when unloaders kick
in, and then accelerate as fast as I can once unloaders do kick in and
the pump starts pumping. Any idea what is the speed when unloaders
kick in?

thanks

Another Quincy Compressor Question? JB Metalworking 24 May 20th 05 04:11 AM
Need Help with Quincy Air Compressor! JB Metalworking 6 April 24th 05 04:49 PM
Quincy Compressor JB Metalworking 4 April 21st 05 12:30 AM
Quincy QT-5 Air Compressor [email protected] Metalworking 5 March 5th 05 06:06 AM