Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus705 Ignoramus705 is offline

Default Quincy 10 HP compressor and VFD

The 10 HP compressor is now in my yard. Looking good, but needs a
little cleaning.

I will hopefully receive the VFD on Friday or so. It is a Siemens SED2
18.5 kW rated drive. Assuming it works, I have to set its parameters
and here's where I need a little bit of wisdom.

Specifically, my question is how do I set the acceleration ramp-up so
that it works nicely with the unloaders. My own thinking is that I
should accelerate slowly almost up to the speed when unloaders kick
in, and then accelerate as fast as I can once unloaders do kick in and
the pump starts pumping. Any idea what is the speed when unloaders
kick in?

thanks