Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default How the &^%&*&(* is it possible to-

http://tinyurl.com/23z8dl

The above is a pic of the hinge piece on the movable part of
a translucent RV vent.

Got an new identical cover, and tried to replace it.

I'll be darned if I can figure out how to get this on.

If I hold it vertically, to clear the vent housing, the
hinge piece is rotated too far to slide on.

When the hinge is held so as to be able to slide on, it hits
the vent housing.

???

thanks

gary

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Did you bend the outer "locking" tabs out of the way? I just replaced 3
of them on my brother-in-laws motorhome and they went on without incident.
There are at least 3 different hinge styles though:
http://www.jcwhitney.com/wcsstore/jc...2342G_SW_3.gif

Ventline, Jensen, Elixir are all different:
http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/P...=group_listing

wrote in message

http://tinyurl.com/23z8dl

The above is a pic of the hinge piece on the movable part of
a translucent RV vent.

Got an new identical cover, and tried to replace it.

I'll be darned if I can figure out how to get this on.

If I hold it vertically, to clear the vent housing, the
hinge piece is rotated too far to slide on.

When the hinge is held so as to be able to slide on, it hits
the vent housing.

???

thanks

gary

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Didn't realize there were locking tabs. Bent those out and all was
well.

There are at least 3 different hinge styles though:http://www.jcwhitney.com/wcsstore/jc...ecache/G_12342...