Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Preventing Rain From Blowing Under A Garage Door

Too_Many_Tools wrote:
I am posting this for a friend....he has a large shop with several
large roll up doors. When it rains heavily and the wind is blowing
into the doors, water will enter the shop under the rubber door
seal...lots of water.

Any suggestions as to how to prevent the water from entering?

Does the entry slope away from the roll up doors? Is the rain coming off
the roof straight down in front of the doors?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sep 29, 9:37 pm, Louis Ohland wrote:
Too_Many_Tools wrote:
I am posting this for a friend....he has a large shop with several
large roll up doors. When it rains heavily and the wind is blowing
into the doors, water will enter the shop under the rubber door
seal...lots of water.

Any suggestions as to how to prevent the water from entering?

Does the entry slope away from the roll up doors? Is the rain coming off
the roof straight down in front of the doors?

The entry slopes gently away from the doors.

When it just rains, the current door seal works adequately.

It is when they have excessive wind and rain that the problem occurs.

Since this shop is not used during the week and is remotely located,
the water that does enter the building sits there, raises the humidity
greatly and our old enemy Rust shows his ugly head.

I think what I am looking is an improved door seal or a multipart seal
that keeps the rain that runs down the door to be blown into the shop
area.

What do they use in hurricane areas to prevent unwanted water ingress?

TMT

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Too_Many_Tools wrote:
[...]

Is your ventilation system creating a slight vacuum in the shop when
the wind blows from that particular direction?
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada