DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Looking for ball and socket joint (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/215523-looking-ball-socket-joint.html)

David Billington September 24th 07 09:05 PM

Looking for ball and socket joint

I have an idea for a tool for glassblowing and it could use a small ball
and socket joint, ball maybe 8mm . The joint would need to be able to be
tilted about 15 degrees max each way and rotated and clamped solidly
once positioned. I have seen items that use such a joint but can't
remember where. An off the shelf solution available in the UK would be
great. Any ideas.

TIA.

Dave

Winston September 24th 07 10:45 PM

David Billington wrote:
I have an idea for a tool for glassblowing and it could use a small ball
and socket joint, ball maybe 8mm . The joint would need to be able to be
tilted about 15 degrees max each way and rotated and clamped solidly
once positioned. I have seen items that use such a joint but can't
remember where. An off the shelf solution available in the UK would be
great. Any ideas.

Something like this?

http://www.panaviseonline.com/product.php?id=231

--Winston

Ray Field September 25th 07 12:46 AM

Looking for ball and socket joint

Try the local hobby shop/Radio control cars; they have some neat little flex
drive connections in their engine to wheel drive trains.
Ray

Larry Jaques September 25th 07 01:17 AM

Looking for ball and socket joint

On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 21:45:16 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, David
Billington quickly quoth:

http://www.ram-mount.com/camera_mount/camera_mounts.htm Like this?
http://www.ram-mount-uk.com/index.htm might carry something you need.

--
Honor unto death, or at least unto discomfort.

Robbo[_2_] September 25th 07 02:16 PM

Looking for ball and socket joint

"David Billington" wrote in message
I have an idea for a tool for glassblowing and it could use a small ball
and socket joint, ball maybe 8mm . The joint would need to be able to be
tilted about 15 degrees max each way and rotated and clamped solidly
once positioned. I have seen items that use such a joint but can't
remember where. An off the shelf solution available in the UK would be
great. Any ideas.

TIA.

Dave

What about: