Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Looking for ball and socket joint

I have an idea for a tool for glassblowing and it could use a small ball
and socket joint, ball maybe 8mm . The joint would need to be able to be
tilted about 15 degrees max each way and rotated and clamped solidly
once positioned. I have seen items that use such a joint but can't
remember where. An off the shelf solution available in the UK would be
great. Any ideas.

TIA.

Dave

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

David Billington wrote:
I have an idea for a tool for glassblowing and it could use a small ball
and socket joint, ball maybe 8mm . The joint would need to be able to be
tilted about 15 degrees max each way and rotated and clamped solidly
once positioned. I have seen items that use such a joint but can't
remember where. An off the shelf solution available in the UK would be
great. Any ideas.

Something like this?

http://www.panaviseonline.com/product.php?id=231

--Winston

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 21:45:16 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, David
Billington quickly quoth:

http://www.ram-mount.com/camera_mount/camera_mounts.htm Like this?
http://www.ram-mount-uk.com/index.htm might carry something you need.

--
Honor unto death, or at least unto discomfort.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"David Billington" wrote in message
I have an idea for a tool for glassblowing and it could use a small ball
and socket joint, ball maybe 8mm . The joint would need to be able to be
tilted about 15 degrees max each way and rotated and clamped solidly
once positioned. I have seen items that use such a joint but can't
remember where. An off the shelf solution available in the UK would be
great. Any ideas.

TIA.

Dave

What about: