DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Project help needed- Turbine engine (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/215264-re-project-help-needed-turbine-engine.html)

Jon Elson September 22nd 07 07:09 AM

Project help needed- Turbine engine

Ignoramus26157 wrote:
RDF, I have never seen any turbine powerplants on auctions, never
ever. A good issue of thrust was raised. I would love to stop by and
have a look at whatever you are making when you have something of
interest.

They show up on eBay regularly. look for "gas turbine", "jet
engine", etc. You'll get a ton of toy trucks and locomotives,
but there are a bunch of APUs, jet fuel starters, and other
small gas turbines from AiResearch, Snecma/CFM, and a few that
don't come to mind immediately. They are in the 20-50 Hp range,
and can be picked up by one person. Some of them are incredibly
small, basically the size of a truck turbocharger with
accessories attached. (There are also some larger APU engines,
an occasional helicopter engine, and even complete jet engines
of various types, mostly VERY old. These don;t show up as
often, but if you keep watch, you will see them a few times a year.)

Jon