DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Worm Gear Size? (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/215039-worm-gear-size.html)

dale randall September 19th 07 08:09 PM

Worm Gear Size?

I need help in find a brass worm gear for an upright bass fiddle. The
gear is brass and 1 3/8 inch diam. by little under 1/4 thick 24 teeth.
How do I measure this to look for replacement?

Joseph Gwinn September 21st 07 05:49 PM

Worm Gear Size?

In article ,
dale randall wrote:

I need help in find a brass worm gear for an upright bass fiddle. The
gear is brass and 1 3/8 inch diam. by little under 1/4 thick 24 teeth.
How do I measure this to look for replacement?

Go to Boston Gear (http://www.bostongear.com/) and ask them to help.

Joe Gwinn

[email protected] September 22nd 07 03:58 PM

Worm Gear Size?

I would just look for an instrument repair shop.

They prolly have what you want off the shelf. Just a bit more
expensive.

DOC

Have robots. Will travel. http://www.robot-one.ca