Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default resistance welding

Has anyone heard of the company sunstone engineering? I'm not too
knowledgeable with anything dealing with welding, but I have a friend
who told me he borrowed one of their welders from his friend and
really liked it. I'm interested in welding, and am looking for some
advice. What do you think of sunstone's products? Would you
recommend them?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Dave" wrote in message
ups.com...
Has anyone heard of the company sunstone engineering? I'm not too
knowledgeable with anything dealing with welding, but I have a friend
who told me he borrowed one of their welders from his friend and
really liked it. I'm interested in welding, and am looking for some
advice. What do you think of sunstone's products? Would you
recommend them?

The very first question you must ask the person or dealer you would buy this
machine from, is where is the local service center?

Most likely they will tell you there is none because most likely the machine
is a Chinese knock off and you can't return it to the dealer nor find local
service centers. This is the new game from the Orient. They have given up
doing quality control checks on outgoing product because their statistical
process control is so good that only one in a million welders will be
defective. If you happen to be that one in a million, you are screwed unless
the dealer will exchange it. If exchanged, then you have a million to one
chance of being happy with your purchase. But don't expect any factory help
like you would get from Lincoln or Miller or Sears.

Converting low resistance pot to high resistance ? n cook Electronics Repair 10 December 19th 06 12:58 AM
Resistance is futile Diggla Woodturning 5 October 14th 06 05:37 PM
vdr 150 resistance felipe Electronics Repair 1 November 10th 05 08:54 PM
Resistance Question Zero Electronics 2 July 1st 04 11:06 PM
Welding Aluminum (WAS: Welding Magnesium) tony Metalworking 5 November 7th 03 01:21 AM