DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Ford Ranger-Update (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/213089-ford-ranger-update.html)

Gunner Asch[_2_] September 3rd 07 05:14 AM

Ford Ranger-Update

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/pts/402642055.html

I turned in all my pop bottles and my tinfoil ball and dug up some
dead presidents..and drove down and put this on my truck yesterday.

Crom but its nice. So why am I having buyers remose?

Perhaps because I paid only a few hundred less than I paid for the
truck?

Sigh.....

It is nice..looks good, surprisingly light. WIll be a real asset.....

ouch!

Gunner

Karl Townsend September 3rd 07 05:37 AM

Ford Ranger-Update

It is nice..looks good, surprisingly light. WIll be a real asset.....

You're moving up in the world, looks like you've got a nice ride now. I 'd
like to see it when its loaded with tools.

Karl

Jon Danniken September 3rd 07 05:48 AM

Ford Ranger-Update

"Karl Townsend" wrote:

It is nice..looks good, surprisingly light. WIll be a real asset.....

You're moving up in the world, looks like you've got a nice ride now. I 'd
like to see it when its loaded with tools.

And a nice logo on the side, too.

Jon

Ivan Vegvary September 3rd 07 06:42 AM

Ford Ranger-Update

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/pts/402642055.html

I turned in all my pop bottles and my tinfoil ball and dug up some
dead presidents..and drove down and put this on my truck yesterday.

Crom but its nice. So why am I having buyers remose?

Perhaps because I paid only a few hundred less than I paid for the
truck?

Sigh.....

It is nice..looks good, surprisingly light. WIll be a real asset.....

ouch!

Gunner

Nice going Gunner!!

My son uses similar canopy for surveying. Being able to step into the back
and pull stuff form the side is a great benefit. Good choice.

Ivan Vegvary

Gunner Asch[_2_] September 3rd 07 06:52 AM

Ford Ranger-Update

On Sun, 2 Sep 2007 21:48:44 -0700, "Jon Danniken"
wrote:

"Karl Townsend" wrote:

It is nice..looks good, surprisingly light. WIll be a real asset.....

You're moving up in the world, looks like you've got a nice ride now. I 'd
like to see it when its loaded with tools.

And a nice logo on the side, too.

Jon

I have a logo..but none of my vehicles will ever bear a sign, unless
its a magnetic one..and then rarely.

I work in at least 15 different So. California
cities/towns/municipalities.

Im not wanting to buy a business license in each of them.

And that unfortunately happens all to frequently with us little guys.

I can think of only one, maybe 2 independants like myself, who have
signs on their trucks.

Thats why the freeways in So Cal are filled with comercial service
vehicles...with the logo'd ones part of Big companies, like Otis and
so forth.

Gunner

Wes[_2_] September 3rd 07 07:08 AM

Ford Ranger-Update

"Jon Danniken" wrote:

And a nice logo on the side, too.

My brother, who is a state licensed master electrician, put logo's with the
phone number on magnetic signs. He figured if he was too busy, he would
pull the phone numbers off but leave the logo up for advertizing. Always
the optimist. ;)

Wes

Abrasha September 3rd 07 08:36 AM

Ford Ranger-Update

Gunner Asch wrote:
http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/pts/402642055.html

I turned in all my pop bottles and my tinfoil ball and dug up some
dead presidents..and drove down and put this on my truck yesterday.

Crom but its nice. So why am I having buyers remose?

Perhaps because I paid only a few hundred less than I paid for the
truck?

Sigh.....

It is nice..looks good, surprisingly light. WIll be a real asset.....

ouch!

Gunner

You paid $900.00 for something that costs $2,800.00, and you have
buyer's remorse?!?

Cheapskate!

--
Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com

Abrasha September 3rd 07 08:40 AM

Ford Ranger-Update

wrote:

"Karl Townsend" wrote:
It is nice..looks good, surprisingly light. WIll be a real asset.....
You're moving up in the world, looks like you've got a nice ride now. I 'd
like to see it when its loaded with tools.

And a nice logo on the side, too.

Jon

I have a logo..but none of my vehicles will ever bear a sign, unless
its a magnetic one..and then rarely.

I work in at least 15 different So. California
cities/towns/municipalities.

Im not wanting to buy a business license in each of them.

Yeah, God forbid, you'd make a success of yourself, and maybe manage a
real company, with guys driving trucks for you in 15 cities instead of
you driving the truck yourself.

You sure live the American dream, don't you.

--
Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com

Andrew VK3BFA September 3rd 07 08:52 AM

Ford Ranger-Update

On Sep 3, 2:14 pm, Gunner Asch wrote:
http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/pts/402642055.html

I turned in all my pop bottles and my tinfoil ball and dug up some
dead presidents..and drove down and put this on my truck yesterday.

Crom but its nice. So why am I having buyers remose?

Perhaps because I paid only a few hundred less than I paid for the
truck?

Sigh.....

It is nice..looks good, surprisingly light. WIll be a real asset.....

ouch!

Gunner

Gunner, you got a good deal, far better than having one made (has it
got pipe racks?)....its just SO NICE to have something where you do
not have to stuff around digging through stuff (usually in the rain)
to get to what you want. Strongly suggest you upgrade the locks, (to
hasp and staple and padlock) and put in weldmesh screening inside the
glass......I know here, I cant afford commercial insurance on my tools/
gear, (30% premium, bugger that) so its a disaster if they get knocked
off....any way you can fit a vice/vise(whatever) to the chassis for
those times you need something solid..makes a difference if you
can...dont bother with alarms, they are ignored, but get an imobiliser
fitted if it doesn't already have one...

Regards,

Andrew VK3BFA.

Tom Gardner September 3rd 07 09:19 AM

Ford Ranger-Update

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/pts/402642055.html

I turned in all my pop bottles and my tinfoil ball and dug up some
dead presidents..and drove down and put this on my truck yesterday.

Crom but its nice. So why am I having buyers remose?

Perhaps because I paid only a few hundred less than I paid for the
truck?

Sigh.....

It is nice..looks good, surprisingly light. WIll be a real asset.....

ouch!

Gunner

I LIKE IT!!! It will pay for itself many times over and enable you to be
more productive.

Gunner Asch[_2_] September 3rd 07 10:15 AM

Ford Ranger-Update

wrote:

"Karl Townsend" wrote:
It is nice..looks good, surprisingly light. WIll be a real asset.....
You're moving up in the world, looks like you've got a nice ride now. I 'd
like to see it when its loaded with tools.
And a nice logo on the side, too.

Jon

I have a logo..but none of my vehicles will ever bear a sign, unless
its a magnetic one..and then rarely.

I work in at least 15 different So. California
cities/towns/municipalities.

Im not wanting to buy a business license in each of them.

Yeah, God forbid, you'd make a success of yourself, and maybe manage a
real company, with guys driving trucks for you in 15 cities instead of
you driving the truck yourself.

You sure live the American dream, don't you.

Oddly enough..and typically..you snipped this part

"And that unfortunately happens all to frequently with us little guys.

I can think of only one, maybe 2 independants like myself, who have
signs on their trucks.

Thats why the freeways in So Cal are filled with comercial service
vehicles...with the logo'd ones part of Big companies, like Otis and
so forth."

Heads up, Abnoxious...if I make a sucess and have other techs working
for me..then Ill be a Big Company...and then Ill have signs.

What part of not being able to afford a $500 business license in a
town I might do $300 worth of work in a years time, do you not
understand?

****tard.

Gunner

Gunner Asch[_2_] September 3rd 07 10:25 AM

Ford Ranger-Update

On Mon, 03 Sep 2007 00:36:26 -0700, Abrasha
wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:
http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/pts/402642055.html

I turned in all my pop bottles and my tinfoil ball and dug up some
dead presidents..and drove down and put this on my truck yesterday.

Crom but its nice. So why am I having buyers remose?

Perhaps because I paid only a few hundred less than I paid for the
truck?

Sigh.....

It is nice..looks good, surprisingly light. WIll be a real asset.....

ouch!

Gunner

You paid $900.00 for something that costs $2,800.00, and you have
buyer's remorse?!?

Cheapskate!

I prefer to think of myself as "thrifty", which goes along with my
Master Scrounger classification.

Such shells are easily enough to find for long bed Rangers. Every
alarm/cable/CCTV company has them, and ya can pick em up for $250-400.

Shells sized for the extended cab trucks..6',. are much rarer, which
is why I bit the bullet..and paid serious money for it.

And gritted my teeth..actually had my lady pull the money out of my
wallet and give it to the guy..I couldnt stand to watch. Shrug

6 months ago..that would have been nearly an entire months income. Im
only temporarily prosperous. Time will tell it it keeps up.
However..it was really something I had to do. I could have continued
with the old fiberglass shell Ive used for the past 10 yrs....but it,
like me...is getting a bit long in the tooth.

Now Im trying to find a complete set of racks/bins/shelves and a
safety cage for Moby Dick, my high topped extended 1 ton E350 van.

Gunner

Carl Byrns September 3rd 07 01:37 PM

Ford Ranger-Update

"Jon Danniken" wrote in message
"Karl Townsend" wrote:

It is nice..looks good, surprisingly light. WIll be a real asset.....

You're moving up in the world, looks like you've got a nice ride now. I
'd like to see it when its loaded with tools.

And a nice logo on the side, too.

Jon

Logos are an attractant for low-life insurance scammers.

-Carl
--
The future isn't what it used to be.

Larry Jaques September 3rd 07 02:50 PM

Ford Ranger-Update

On Sun, 02 Sep 2007 21:14:45 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm,
Gunner Asch quickly quoth:

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/pts/402642055.html

I turned in all my pop bottles and my tinfoil ball and dug up some
dead presidents..and drove down and put this on my truck yesterday.

Crom but its nice. So why am I having buyers remose?

Perhaps because I paid only a few hundred less than I paid for the
truck?

Sigh.....

It is nice..looks good, surprisingly light. WIll be a real asset.....

ouch!

But an excellent deal. Those are very nice toppers.

--
"Not always right, but never uncertain." --Heinlein
-=-=-

Bob Engelhardt September 3rd 07 03:14 PM

Ford Ranger-Update

Gunner Asch wrote:
... WIll be a real asset.....

Right! No one will suspect that it's really a TOY! A really nice toy,
it's toy-ness completely hidden by its business nature. Nice ploy,
Gunner, but you're busted. Just hope that your wife doesn't read this.

BG,
Bob

F. George McDuffee September 3rd 07 03:39 PM

Ford Ranger-Update

On Sun, 02 Sep 2007 21:14:45 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/pts/402642055.html
I turned in all my pop bottles and my tinfoil ball and dug up some
dead presidents..and drove down and put this on my truck yesterday.

Crom but its nice. So why am I having buyers remose?

Perhaps because I paid only a few hundred less than I paid for the
truck?

Sigh.....

It is nice..looks good, surprisingly light. WIll be a real asset.....

ouch!

Gunner

===========
Key words here are "real asset."

Unka' George [George McDuffee]
============
Merchants have no country.
The mere spot they stand on
does not constitute so strong an attachment
as that from which they draw their gains.

Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826),
U.S. president. Letter, 17 March 1814.

Gerry[_2_] September 3rd 07 05:12 PM

Ford Ranger-Update

On Sep 2, 11:14 pm, Gunner Asch wrote:
http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/pts/402642055.html

I turned in all my pop bottles and my tinfoil ball and dug up some
dead presidents..and drove down and put this on my truck yesterday.

Crom but its nice. So why am I having buyers remose?

Perhaps because I paid only a few hundred less than I paid for the
truck?

Sigh.....

It is nice..looks good, surprisingly light. WIll be a real asset.....

ouch!

Gunner

I had a fiberglass version on a Ford F150 for a few years. Got rid of
it because it was such a PITA to get stuff in and out of and because
it increased the in cab noise bigtime. Hope you enjoy yours more that
I did mine. But it did keep friends from asking me to haul furniture
and appliances for them because stuff like that would not fit inside

B.B. September 3rd 07 05:19 PM

Ford Ranger-Update

In article . com,
Andrew VK3BFA wrote:

...dont bother with alarms, they are ignored, but get an imobiliser
fitted if it doesn't already have one...

Regards,

Andrew VK3BFA.

On my ranger I located the wires to the fuel pump cutoff and stuck a
switch inline. Crank, no start. No amount of hotwiring will steal that
truck, and most thieves won't go looking. But I think I may put a
breaker in the ignition wiring so the truck doesn't burn to the ground.
I have a group 37 battery after all. (:

John September 3rd 07 05:28 PM

Ford Ranger-Update

Jon Danniken wrote:
"Karl Townsend" wrote:

It is nice..looks good, surprisingly light. WIll be a real asset.....

You're moving up in the world, looks like you've got a nice ride now. I 'd
like to see it when its loaded with tools.

And a nice logo on the side, too.

Jon

I would never put a sign up on my vehicle. I have more than enough cnc
and manual customer repair work than I can handle right now. I don't
even hand out business cards. A sign on the vehicle just advertises I
have a lot of tools.... please break in and take some.

John

John September 3rd 07 05:42 PM

Ford Ranger-Update

B.B. wrote:

In article . com,
Andrew VK3BFA wrote:

...dont bother with alarms, they are ignored, but get an imobiliser
fitted if it doesn't already have one...

Regards,

Andrew VK3BFA.

On my ranger I located the wires to the fuel pump cutoff and stuck a
switch inline. Crank, no start. No amount of hotwiring will steal that
truck, and most thieves won't go looking. But I think I may put a
breaker in the ignition wiring so the truck doesn't burn to the ground.
I have a group 37 battery after all. (:

Ford runs the return for the fuel pump back to the battery connection on
many of their models. In fact there is a disconnect right near the
battery. I learned that driving up to Winsor Ontario several years ago.
THe connection was going bad and the car would shut off after about a
half hour of runnning.

John

Gunner Asch[_2_] September 3rd 07 07:01 PM

Ford Ranger-Update

"Karl Townsend" wrote:

It is nice..looks good, surprisingly light. WIll be a real asset.....

You're moving up in the world, looks like you've got a nice ride now. I
'd like to see it when its loaded with tools.

And a nice logo on the side, too.

Jon

Logos are an attractant for low-life insurance scammers.

-Carl

Indeed..thats rather common too.

Gunner

Gunner Asch[_2_] September 3rd 07 07:02 PM

Ford Ranger-Update

On Mon, 03 Sep 2007 10:14:29 -0400, Bob Engelhardt
wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:
... WIll be a real asset.....

Right! No one will suspect that it's really a TOY! A really nice toy,
it's toy-ness completely hidden by its business nature. Nice ploy,
Gunner, but you're busted. Just hope that your wife doesn't read this.

BG,
Bob

Toys..tools..whats the difference?

VBG

Gunner

Gunner Asch[_2_] September 3rd 07 07:08 PM

Ford Ranger-Update

On Mon, 03 Sep 2007 09:12:34 -0700, Gerry wrote:

[...]

This one is closed ended glass but no pass through..which I may have
to change. And the inside of the shell has some sort of sound deadner
about 3/8 thick, which looks a lot like carpet from the user side.

The side doors all open into storage compartments. Not very deep, but
more than usable. I went through my Stacks O Stuff yesterday and got
enough plastic and steel bins to populate all the upper shelves, and I
went to Horrible Freight and bought soft sided tool bags for specific
tools I need for specific reoccuring jobs.. When Its loaded..Il take
some pictures and post em

Gunner

Gunner Asch[_2_] September 3rd 07 07:11 PM

Ford Ranger-Update

On Mon, 03 Sep 2007 12:28:33 -0400, john
wrote:

Jon Danniken wrote:
"Karl Townsend" wrote:

It is nice..looks good, surprisingly light. WIll be a real asset.....

You're moving up in the world, looks like you've got a nice ride now. I 'd
like to see it when its loaded with tools.

And a nice logo on the side, too.

Jon

I would never put a sign up on my vehicle. I have more than enough cnc
and manual customer repair work than I can handle right now. I don't
even hand out business cards. A sign on the vehicle just advertises I
have a lot of tools.... please break in and take some.

John

Which is why Im tickeled there are no side windows anymore. And
expanded metal on the rear windows.

Used to scare the **** out of me that someone would clean me out
again like they did in 2000. $11k worth of tools and spare parts
evaporated one night. Which is why I dont keep my SnapOn/Proto/Sk/
etc tools on the truck anymore. Swap meet/Harbor Freight tools only.

Gunner

Michael A. Terrell September 3rd 07 07:16 PM

Ford Ranger-Update

Gerry wrote:

[...]

People used to ask to borrow my stepvan to move stuff, even though it
had those narrow hinged doors on the back. About a 30 inch opening.
One idiot claimed he could get a piano in through the passenger door. I
just loaded it with everything I needed on job sites and after one look,
they would change their minds. They could borrow it, only if:

1:
2: They filled the gas tank after they were finished.
3: They washed the truck, after they were finished.
4: They reloaded the truck, exactly like they found it, after they were
finished.
5: They signed a paper to take full responsibility for any damage,
tickets or fines.

Then I would tell them it takes a full day to just unload the truck.
;-)

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

Michael A. Terrell September 3rd 07 07:44 PM

Ford Ranger-Update

Gunner Asch wrote:

This one is closed ended glass but no pass through..which I may have
to change. And the inside of the shell has some sort of sound deadner
about 3/8 thick, which looks a lot like carpet from the user side.

The side doors all open into storage compartments. Not very deep, but
more than usable. I went through my Stacks O Stuff yesterday and got
enough plastic and steel bins to populate all the upper shelves, and I
went to Horrible Freight and bought soft sided tool bags for specific
tools I need for specific reoccuring jobs.. When Its loaded..Il take
some pictures and post em

Gunner

Nice, but where is the "Protected by Smith & Wesson" decal?

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

Tim Wescott September 3rd 07 07:59 PM

Ford Ranger-Update

wrote:

"Karl Townsend" wrote:
It is nice..looks good, surprisingly light. WIll be a real asset.....
You're moving up in the world, looks like you've got a nice ride
now. I 'd like to see it when its loaded with tools.
And a nice logo on the side, too.

Jon

I have a logo..but none of my vehicles will ever bear a sign, unless
its a magnetic one..and then rarely.

I work in at least 15 different So. California
cities/towns/municipalities.

Im not wanting to buy a business license in each of them.

Yeah, God forbid, you'd make a success of yourself, and maybe manage a
real company, with guys driving trucks for you in 15 cities instead of
you driving the truck yourself.

You sure live the American dream, don't you.

Who says that success requires having employees? I'm quite happy with
_my_ little one-man business* -- why can't I be a success when it's just me?

* And almost nothing to do with metalworking, except for soldering up
the occasional circuit board, mounting prototypes in cases, and maybe
telling off the occasional mechanical engineer who really _should_ know
more than I do about their job.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Tim Wescott September 3rd 07 08:03 PM

Ford Ranger-Update

wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:
[...]

IMHO the best time to buy durable big-ticket tools is when you're
temporarily flush, and can buy for cash. Then when the next squeeze
comes along you have the tool, and can use it to get more business.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Jim Wilkins September 3rd 07 08:12 PM

Ford Ranger-Update

On Sep 3, 12:19 pm, "B.B."
u wrote:
On my ranger I located the wires to the fuel pump cutoff and stuck a
switch inline. ...

I installed an "OJ" switch to turn off the inside light in my '91
Ranger (so named because he smashed the bulb in his Bronco).

With the inside and cargo bed lights removed there was a good place to
drill the bracket for a 1/4" Alco switch. The handle passes through a
slit in the inside liner.

I also added very useful tiedown rings to the frame below the front of
the bed while replacing rusted-out cab mounts.

jw

Jim Wilkins September 3rd 07 08:29 PM

Ford Ranger-Update

On Sep 3, 3:03 pm, Tim Wescott wrote:
Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Serviceshttp://www.wescottdesign.com

See details athttp://www.wescottdesign.com/actfes/actfes.html-

Your (gulp-$60) book looks interesting. I'd like to find a book that
teaches servo loops in an intuitive rather than formulaic way. Before
I order a copy, how much programming experience is necessary? I've
written a lot in Qbasic and Pascal and slightly understand c, but have
only done motion control open-loop.

jw

Tim Wescott September 3rd 07 09:05 PM

Ford Ranger-Update

Jim Wilkins wrote:
On Sep 3, 3:03 pm, Tim Wescott wrote:
Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Serviceshttp://www.wescottdesign.com

See details athttp://www.wescottdesign.com/actfes/actfes.html-

Your (gulp-$60) book looks interesting. I'd like to find a book that
teaches servo loops in an intuitive rather than formulaic way. Before
I order a copy, how much programming experience is necessary? I've
written a lot in Qbasic and Pascal and slightly understand c, but have
only done motion control open-loop.

I thought the price was a bit high, too. My editor insisted that sales
would suffer if it were priced too low, because folks would perceive it
as being less valuable. She's probably right -- I have a friend whose
business really took off _after_ she raised her prices by 20%.

There's no programming at all for the first 80% of the book. For the
first eight chapters I present the theory and math, and how they relate
to the real world. Only when you get to chapters 9 and 10 will you find
yourself needing to read code -- and there I think if you can program
Pascal you'll be able to read C with a bit of practice.

Amazon often has used copies that are discounted by $5 or so. There's a
link to Powell's Books on my website, and Powell's will also sometimes
have used copies.

If you get the book keep an eye on the errata and the addenda. As
astonishing as it may seem, I actually managed to let some errors creep
in (including one that involves about a page of convoluted math that can
all be sidestepped by one simple observation). In addition, since the
book has come out I've had the chance to expand sections of it. So
you'll find both of those supplements useful as you go through the book.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Gunner Asch[_2_] September 3rd 07 10:05 PM

Ford Ranger-Update

On Mon, 03 Sep 2007 12:03:00 -0700, Tim Wescott
wrote:

6 months ago..that would have been nearly an entire months income. Im
only temporarily prosperous. Time will tell it it keeps up.
However..it was really something I had to do. I could have continued
with the old fiberglass shell Ive used for the past 10 yrs....but it,
like me...is getting a bit long in the tooth.

Now Im trying to find a complete set of racks/bins/shelves and a
safety cage for Moby Dick, my high topped extended 1 ton E350 van.

IMHO the best time to buy durable big-ticket tools is when you're
temporarily flush, and can buy for cash. Then when the next squeeze
comes along you have the tool, and can use it to get more business.

Indeed. Thats what Im trying to do.

There is a set of van shelves/bins/racks in So. Cal for $200 used, 3
pieces..I dont know if they are all the same or different.

There is also a brandnew set out of a 07 ford van for $600. Im not
sure the extra $400 is worth fresh paint

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/pts/409797942.html

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/tls/412475755.html

Others....

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/pts/396921912.html
http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/pts/398408066.html
http://sandiego.craigslist.org/pts/410016430.html

This van will be my heavy hauler.

Gunner

Gunner Asch[_2_] September 3rd 07 10:09 PM

Ford Ranger-Update

On Mon, 03 Sep 2007 14:44:31 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:

This one is closed ended glass but no pass through..which I may have
to change. And the inside of the shell has some sort of sound deadner
about 3/8 thick, which looks a lot like carpet from the user side.

The side doors all open into storage compartments. Not very deep, but
more than usable. I went through my Stacks O Stuff yesterday and got
enough plastic and steel bins to populate all the upper shelves, and I
went to Horrible Freight and bought soft sided tool bags for specific
tools I need for specific reoccuring jobs.. When Its loaded..Il take
some pictures and post em

Gunner

Nice, but where is the "Protected by Smith & Wesson" decal?

Shrug...dont have one. Worst thing about changing over..is having to
wait for the county fair to get another Cowboy Calvin ****ing on the
word Liberal decal like I have in the rear window of my current
shell.

That and the NRA Life and Ernie Ball stickers

Gunner

Michael A. Terrell September 3rd 07 11:28 PM

Ford Ranger-Update

wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:

[...]

How about the, "If you're close enough to read this, PRAY!!!" bumper
sticker? ;-)

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

JohnM September 4th 07 12:30 AM

Ford Ranger-Update

Gunner Asch wrote:
http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/pts/402642055.html

I turned in all my pop bottles and my tinfoil ball and dug up some
dead presidents..and drove down and put this on my truck yesterday.

Crom but its nice. So why am I having buyers remose?

Perhaps because I paid only a few hundred less than I paid for the
truck?

Sigh.....

It is nice..looks good, surprisingly light. WIll be a real asset.....

ouch!

Gunner

That's a nice top, it'll serve well.

I always took my dog (serious Alpha-male border collie/malamute) with me
when I worked away from the shop, he'd lay under the truck and not let
anyone close without snarling. Looked pretty horrid when he'd go off,
especially when he was inside the truck. Never had any tools stolen from
the truck, so he did a good job. A good dog makes for good business
relations, as long as he's comfortable with kids and shop cats..

John

Tom Gardner September 4th 07 12:36 AM

Ford Ranger-Update

*****************************

Yeah, God forbid, you'd make a success of yourself, and maybe manage a
real company, with guys driving trucks for you in 15 cities instead of
you driving the truck yourself.

*****************************

There's a recipe for an early grave if I ever heard one, why does he hate
you so?

Gunner Asch[_2_] September 4th 07 01:49 AM

Ford Ranger-Update

On Mon, 03 Sep 2007 23:36:39 GMT, "Tom Gardner"
wrote:

Heads up, Abnoxious...if I make a sucess and have other techs working
for me..then Ill be a Big Company...and then Ill have signs.

What part of not being able to afford a $500 business license in a
town I might do $300 worth of work in a years time, do you not
understand?

****tard.

Gunner

*****************************

Yeah, God forbid, you'd make a success of yourself, and maybe manage a
real company, with guys driving trucks for you in 15 cities instead of
you driving the truck yourself.

*****************************

There's a recipe for an early grave if I ever heard one, why does he hate
you so?

1. Because he is a Dutch queer
2. Because I love his artistry, but hold everything else he says in
amused contempt
3. Because he is a Dutch queer, he is a socialist, and Im not.

I could come up with various other reasons...shrug..but I dont bother
myself with ****miers.

Gunner

John September 4th 07 04:10 AM

Ford Ranger-Update

wrote:

Jon Danniken wrote:
"Karl Townsend" wrote:

[...]

I was working on 138 street off Bruckner Blvd. in the south Bronx
several years ago. I left my keys hanging in the trunk lock..with all
my tools in the trunk. Nobody ever bothered it.

John

Gerald Miller September 4th 07 04:35 AM

Ford Ranger-Update

wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:

[...]

SWMBO applied the following to a rather straight laced friend's rear
bumper "Get any closer and I will FART"
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada

Michael A. Terrell September 4th 07 06:27 AM

Ford Ranger-Update

wrote:

How about the, "If you're close enough to read this, PRAY!!!" bumper
sticker? ;-)

SWMBO applied the following to a rather straight laced friend's rear
bumper "Get any closer and I will FART"

Must have been a Ford: "Farting Old Ragged Dog". ;-)

My notice was written in pencil. If you COULD see it, it was too
late to pray. :(

I saw a bumper sticker that said: "Back off or I'll flick boogers on
your windshield!"

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell