DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Photos in Dropbox (was Gilding Lilies: Goldenrod Repair) (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/207617-photos-dropbox-gilding-lilies-goldenrod-repair.html)

Pete Keillor July 19th 07 11:40 PM

Photos in Dropbox (was Gilding Lilies: Goldenrod Repair)

OK, it was a crummy title. I promised an on topic post, if it is a
little silly. Still, the fix works well. See below.

Pete Keillor

On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 21:23:37 -0400, Pete Keillor
wrote:

These photos illustrate my over the top fix for a leaking tip on a new
Goldenrod oil can. The new diecast tip leaked because of a casting
defect. The tip was set in epoxy, so I burned it out.

I got the smallest quick connect I could find from Small Parts,
threaded 10-32. Then I made a new end of 1/2" and 1/4" brass stock,
with a counterbore and internal 10-32 thread on the big piece, and the
1/4" piece threaded to match. Then I attached this assembly to the
flex tube with some loctite and screwed in the quick connect.

Next, I just turned some tips to fit the different oil points on my
lathe and turned the back end to match the male quick connect piece.
Now I can change tips to suit, and if I need another, make one with an
inch or so of 1/4" brass stock.

http://metalworking.com/dropbox/GoldenrodFix00.jpg
http://metalworking.com/dropbox/GoldenrodFix01.jpg
http://metalworking.com/dropbox/GoldenrodFix02.jpg