Peter T. Keillor III

Default Update: Welding Cart Photos in Dropbox

I've finished the welding cart, except for cylinder chocks (to be
bolted on), and added a forge cart for my son. Next is the bandsaw
cart (stock is cut) and cutting rig cart.

I added a drawer under the welding cart, as well as a place to roll up
the leads. The drawer is on ball bearing glides. We'll see how they
handle the grit.

Included pics a

http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/forgecart02.jpg
http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/forgecart03.jpg
http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/forgeweldcart.jpg
(both carts)
http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/weldcart04.jpg
http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/weldcart05.jpg
http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/weldcart06.jpg

Regards,

Pete Keillor

wallster

Peter T. Keillor III wrote in message
I've finished the welding cart, except for cylinder chocks (to be
bolted on), and added a forge cart for my son. Next is the bandsaw
cart (stock is cut) and cutting rig cart.

I added a drawer under the welding cart, as well as a place to roll up
the leads. The drawer is on ball bearing glides. We'll see how they
handle the grit.

Included pics a

http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/forgecart02.jpg
http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/forgecart03.jpg
http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/forgeweldcart.jpg
(both carts)
http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/weldcart04.jpg
http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/weldcart05.jpg
http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/weldcart06.jpg

Regards,

Pete Keillor

nice job Pete! looks neat and sturdy!

walt

Steve Smith

Nice work, Pete. The forge looks great.

The burners look a little different at the jet end than a Reil burner,
any details?

Thanks,
Steve Smith

Peter T. Keillor III wrote in message
.. .

I've finished the welding cart, except for cylinder chocks (to be
bolted on), and added a forge cart for my son. Next is the bandsaw
cart (stock is cut) and cutting rig cart.

I added a drawer under the welding cart, as well as a place to roll up
the leads. The drawer is on ball bearing glides. We'll see how they
handle the grit.

Included pics a

http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/forgecart02.jpg
http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/forgecart03.jpg
http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/forgeweldcart.jpg
(both carts)
http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/weldcart04.jpg
http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/weldcart05.jpg
http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/weldcart06.jpg

Regards,

Pete Keillor

Peter T. Keillor III

On Wed, 07 Jul 2004 07:15:40 -0400, Steve Smith
wrote:

Nice work, Pete. The forge looks great.

The burners look a little different at the jet end than a Reil burner,
any details?

Thanks,
Steve Smith

Thanks for the kind words, guys.

Regarding the burners, I tried something a little different, a coaxial
gas pipe location, still using the tweco tips. There was a bit of
discussion about a year ago on alt.crafts.blacksmithing. Several,
including Reil, thought I'd have issues with poor air flow. I can't
say for sure whether I do or not, since I haven't constructed the
"normal" Reil burner. It does need the damper nearly shut to go
reducing, as near as I can tell. I built this for my son. So far, it
suits his purposes. When he starts trying to forge weld, I guess
we'll see if improvements are warranted.

I put pictures of the burners in the dropbox back then. Look for
NewForgeXX.jpg in the 2003 folder.

Pete Keillor

Peter T. Keillor III wrote in message
. ..

I've finished the welding cart, except for cylinder chocks (to be

snip
Steve Smith

Thanks Peter. Excellent photos of the burner, cleared up my questions. I
missed them first time around.

I haven't tried the Tweco tips; I just drill a 1/8" brass pipe end cap
for my jets. I'm more interested in using the burners than experimenting
with them!

Steve