Alan Black

Default A9 tool steel

I recently got a drum of steel ingots and sprues that included A9 tool
steel. I noticed that the wear qualities were not that great, what is the
typical application?
Alan

Alan Black

Thanks Ned, that's the web site where I found out that A9 had poor wear
properties, but for some reason didn't find this particular page on A9
Typical Applications, senior moment I guess.

http://www.crucibleservice.com/esele...dbyapp/tooldie
/crua9.html

Ned Simmons