SleepyJake

Default machine paint

hello
I am in the process of restoring a 12" craftsman lathe and need to
repaint it. I would appreciate any tips on type of paint to use on this
project.

Thanks in advance.
Marty Escarcega

SleepyJake wrote in news:Bgwvc.904$gt5.416
@newssvr15.news.prodigy.com:

hello
I am in the process of restoring a 12" craftsman lathe and need to
repaint it. I would appreciate any tips on type of paint to use on this
project.

Thanks in advance.

Depends, Home Depot Rust-O-Leum Dark Machine Gray is a good match and comes
in spray cans. Pretty durable and dries fast.

Else if you are going to paint with a spray gun, hit your automotive paint
store, they probably sell industrial enamels. I like Ellis Shaf-Lac, Medium
Gray.

Marty
Old Nick

On Thu, 03 Jun 2004 02:44:49 GMT, SleepyJake
vaguely proposed a theory
.......and in reply I say!:

liquid

hello
I am in the process of restoring a 12" craftsman lathe and need to
repaint it. I would appreciate any tips on type of paint to use on this
project.

Thanks in advance.

Sometimes in a workplace you find snot on the wall of
the toilet cubicles. You feel "What sort of twisted
child would do this?"....the internet seems full of
them. It's very sad
SRF

"SleepyJake" wrote in message
. ..
hello
I am in the process of restoring a 12" craftsman lathe and need to
repaint it. I would appreciate any tips on type of paint to use on this
project.

Thanks in advance.

I used Duron Urethane Fortified Enamel and seems to be working good for me.
Took a steady rest in to the local paint store and they matched it exactly.
Brushed it on with vertical strokes and smoothed with horizontal and the
paint flowed out very nicely, not quite like it was spray painted but real
close.

Steve.

Vince Iorio

I use the Duron modified urethane paint (I think it's the same as the
"fortified" enamel). I agree, when the paint is fresh, and the brush is
good, you get a finish as good as spraying. Some times I use a sponge
roller to apply the paint on larger surfaces. It leaves a matte like
finish even though it is a gloss paint.

Any urethane modified enamel should hold up well to oils and solvents.
Most floor paints are of this type.

Vince