James Watt

Default Woohoo, I now have (mostly) a milling machine

A friend has decided to sell his milling machine, a 1953 or so
Bridgeport Mill in mighty fine shape.

I'm the proud (and rather astounded) owner of same. It's big. Real
BIG! At about 1600lbs and 6.9' tall, it fits in my garage, sure, but
what a footprint!

Comes with about 80 endmills (some really cool ones too), a dividing
head, a vice, hold-downs, full set of colletts, installation (he's a
machinist and really knows his stuff), and a DC motor to replace the
3-phase motor - full torque at very low RPM, regulator included. I'm
very happy :-)

Now, a few projects......I have no time for this :-)

James.
Ken Sterling

A friend has decided to sell his milling machine, a 1953 or so
Bridgeport Mill in mighty fine shape.

I'm the proud (and rather astounded) owner of same. It's big. Real
BIG! At about 1600lbs and 6.9' tall, it fits in my garage, sure, but
what a footprint!

Comes with about 80 endmills (some really cool ones too), a dividing
head, a vice, hold-downs, full set of colletts, installation (he's a
machinist and really knows his stuff), and a DC motor to replace the
3-phase motor - full torque at very low RPM, regulator included. I'm
very happy :-)

Now, a few projects......I have no time for this :-)

James.

CONGRATS! ! !..... and with regard to your last sentence... I think
you'll *find* some time G Enjoy, be careful, and make lotsa
chips.
Ken.