Gunner

Default Stellite Sources

I dropped an email to one of the guys at Voss Metals which is a metals
recycling firm, asking about sources for bits and pieces of Stellite

He replied

"Call Illinois Carbide. Waukegan, IL 847-244-1110"

Might be worth the time to give them a call

Gunner

That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's
cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays
there.
- George Orwell

Gunner

On Tue, 18 May 2004 17:37:24 GMT, "Tod Engine Foundation"
wrote:

We just bought about 150 lbs. for $12/ lb from Wilkoff Bros. in Cleveland.

How much do you need?

Rick

Just enough to make lathe tools. No bigger than 5/8" square in cross
section and no shorter than 1.5" Shrug..Ive never used it, but given
the thread on Stellite, would sure like to try it. I dont think I can
cut down larger pieces...lol

Gunner

"Gunner" wrote in message
news
I dropped an email to one of the guys at Voss Metals which is a metals
recycling firm, asking about sources for bits and pieces of Stellite

He replied

"Call Illinois Carbide. Waukegan, IL 847-244-1110"

Might be worth the time to give them a call

Gunner

That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's
cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays
there.
- George Orwell

That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's
cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays
there.
- George Orwell

Ted Edwards

Gunner wrote:

the thread on Stellite, would sure like to try it. I dont think I can
cut down larger pieces...lol

Plasma cutter??

Ted

Charles A. Sherwood

the thread on Stellite, would sure like to try it. I dont think I can
cut down larger pieces...lol

I had some tangung parting tools EDM into small toolbits. Worked very well.
THe yield was good but some parts cracked from internal stress as
they were cut.