steamer

Default Hacksaws...

--Years ago I got myself the best damn hacksaw I've ever used.
Forgot where I got it but the brand name was Victor, as in welding stuff.
I've been looking around for another one just like it but I can't find
them anywhere! Google was a bust, too. Anyone got an active source for a
lever-tightening hacksaw?

--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : Money talks; it
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : says "Goodbye"...
Winston

steamer wrote:
--Years ago I got myself the best damn hacksaw I've ever used.
Forgot where I got it but the brand name was Victor, as in welding stuff.
I've been looking around for another one just like it but I can't find
them anywhere! Google was a bust, too. Anyone got an active source for a
lever-tightening hacksaw?

Stanley 15-113
http://www.stanleytools.com/default.asp?CATEGORY=HACKSAWS&TYPE=PRODUCT&PARTNUM BER=15-113&SDesc=12%22+High+Tension+Hacksaw

I like mine a lot.

--Winston

Machineman

I picked up a Jet hacksaw a couple of months ago. Its the heaviest
hacksaw I have ever seen :-) Mind you the blade was crap, Got to pick
up some good Hakannson blades. check out your local welding supplier,
might carry them there.

Winston wrote:

steamer wrote:

--Years ago I got myself the best damn hacksaw I've ever used.
Forgot where I got it but the brand name was Victor, as in welding
stuff. I've been looking around for another one just like it but I
can't find them anywhere! Google was a bust, too. Anyone got an active
source for a lever-tightening hacksaw?

Stanley 15-113
http://www.stanleytools.com/default.asp?CATEGORY=HACKSAWS&TYPE=PRODUCT&PARTNUM BER=15-113&SDesc=12%22+High+Tension+Hacksaw

I like mine a lot.

--Winston

Rex B

That looks a lot like my 04922 Century hacksaw, which has been a disappointment.
It looks rigid as heck, but in use it's only a little better than the stamped
things I've used for years.

On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 10:18:37 -0700, Winston wrote:

||steamer wrote:
|| --Years ago I got myself the best damn hacksaw I've ever used.
|| Forgot where I got it but the brand name was Victor, as in welding stuff.
|| I've been looking around for another one just like it but I can't find
|| them anywhere! Google was a bust, too. Anyone got an active source for a
|| lever-tightening hacksaw?
||Stanley 15-113
||http://www.stanleytools.com/default.asp?CATEGORY=HACKSAWS&TYPE=PRODUCT&PARTNUM BER=15-113&SDesc=12%22+High+Tension+Hacksaw
||I like mine a lot.
||--Winston

Rex in Fort Worth
Windell

steamer wrote:
--Years ago I got myself the best damn hacksaw I've ever used.
Forgot where I got it but the brand name was Victor, as in welding stuff.
I've been looking around for another one just like it but I can't find
them anywhere! Google was a bust, too. Anyone got an active source for a
lever-tightening hacksaw?

I have a nicholson 80965.
No complaints.

Robin S.

I currently have a Starrett high tension hacksaw. It's quite nice. Good
weight, very rigid, feels good.
http://catalog.starrett.com/catalog/...sp?GroupID=520

Bahco has a very nice hacksaw frame:
http://www.bahco.com/us/pdf/bahco/section12.pdf (page 3) Very rigid and
ergonomically designed. Not cheap (about $40 Cnd).

HTH.

Regards,

Robin