Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
tom

Default air regulator question

Does it matter which way the regulator is postitiooned as long as the air
flow direction is correct? Here is a picture of what I have so far, but I am
concerened about the regulator having to be straight and a possible water
problem. I was thinking if I leave it pointing down such as it is, i could
put a tee on the end and have a water release on one side and my air line on
the other side of the tee. Doies that sould like it would work ok?...thanks
http://www.coopscorner.com/regulator.htm

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gary H

You usually hang the regulator to the side with a water trap/drain of some
sort under it.

"tom" wrote in message
k.net...
Does it matter which way the regulator is postitiooned as long as the air
flow direction is correct? Here is a picture of what I have so far, but I
am concerened about the regulator having to be straight and a possible
water problem. I was thinking if I leave it pointing down such as it is, i
could put a tee on the end and have a water release on one side and my air
line on the other side of the tee. Doies that sould like it would work
ok?...thanks
http://www.coopscorner.com/regulator.htm

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
rigger

tom wrote:
Does it matter which way the regulator is postitiooned as long as the air
flow direction is correct? Here is a picture of what I have so far, but I am
concerened about the regulator having to be straight and a possible water
problem. I was thinking if I leave it pointing down such as it is, i could
put a tee on the end and have a water release on one side and my air line on
the other side of the tee. Doies that sould like it would work ok?...thanks
http://www.coopscorner.com/regulator.htm

What water????

The hot setup, and one which you'll always be glad you installed, is:
first a water and particulate filter, second a coalescing filter (for
compressor heat related products) then your regulator, and if you're
feeding a air motor, a lubricator.

If you feed your regulator unfiltered air you'll be replacing it too
often. You can get a pretty good FRL, for resonable cost, almost
anywhere. You may see them without the coalescing filter more
frequently but if your compressor is as old as mine it's worth the
investment IMO.

dennis
in nca