Default OT - Trucker's newsgroups.

G'day,
Topic says it: anyone know of a newsgroup for long
distance truckers? I could be undergoing a career change shortly.
I'm in Australia, but would be interested in US and Canadian groups.
Thanks. Regards, Mac.
Gunluvver2

Topic says it: anyone know of a newsgroup for long
distance truckers?

Mac,
If you do find a GOOD one let me know.The only newsgroup I know of is
misc.transport.trucking
Every once in a while there is some useful information posted there but 90% of
the posters are just bashing others on the board.
I retired from the road in 1989 but I still have an interest in trucking
issues. I have always wondered what driving one of those long trains across the
outback would be like. I hauled heavy equipment and oilfield machinery in the
49 states and Canada for several years and it was very interesting. After I
sold my equipment in 1982 I drove for three companies pulling dry vans and
reefers. After seven years I decided it was time to stay home and get a regular
job.

Good luck if you do make it to the states. We have a beautiful country and
spending a few years driving all around it will give you an experience you will
never forget.

Dennis
thehatter

misc.transport.trucking

they have a lot of truckers from all over the world chiming in on occasion.
They seem to like to hear about the "trains" you guys have in AU

Good Luck.
tHAT