DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   HOMIER Lathe Order Problems, customer service dept. MIA... (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/15653-homier-lathe-order-problems-customer-service-dept-mia.html)

Michael David Lay March 16th 04 01:50 AM

HOMIER Lathe Order Problems, customer service dept. MIA...

I am sure others have experienced similiar problems, but I want to
post my story because I did my homework, did the research, to watch
out for this exact situation.

I decided I wanted a lathe, did some looking around, a lot of reading,
checked out the very EXCELLENT www.mini-lathe.com, and ordered my
Homier 7x12 Mini Lathe for $299, plus $63 in shipping. That was last
Wednesday. Thursday morning my order shows some pending status, the
money had been charged to my card...gone, no longer in my possession,
in Homiers hands. Thursday afternoon my order shows waiting to be
picked up by Fed Ex, good...we are on track. Friday morning, still
waiting to be picked up, same that afternoon. Finally I called to
find out what the hold up was, and after a very long wait on hold, the
lady explained it was waiting to be picked up by Fed Ex, thanks, but I
knew that. I wanted to make sure, so I asked, "is it on backorder?".
No, it should go out today she says. All weekend, still shows waiting
to be picked up by Fed Ex.

Monday comes, and suddenly my order shows the item on Backorder! Odd,
my payment to them wasn't back ordered, they had my money, I had no
indication from them that there would be a problem, but now there was.
I started calling to find out when it might not be on back order, the
line was busy, called again, busy, again, busy...you get the idea.
Called again, it rings....I spend a long time on hold, then....I got
to voice mail, so I can leave a message for someone to call me back.
That's irritating, I thought. Left a message, left my cell number, no
call back. Called again, same thing, waited a long time on hold, just
so I could leave a message....give me a break! Did I mention, I sent
some e-mails through the customer service section of their website
while I was spending all this time on hold. Did I get a response?
Nope.

Now, I have no lathe, they have my money, they apparently don't want
to talk to me to either give my money back or at least tell me when I
might get the friggin lathe.

Look, I live in the middle of no where, so mail order is my only real
option, and I am not naive, I don't expect stellar customer service
when shopping for the best deal in town. I don't really even mind
having to wait longer for the lathe, it was after all $29 dollars
cheaper then the closest competitor. I realize that to sell this
cheaply they can only afford a staff of 2.3 people for their entire
operation, and their order server is a souped up Commodore 64, but
geez.....

I did find one post that talked about this problem from a cached post
from Homiers own forum. This was from a year ago, and their response
was that the problem should be fixed in their new system by 3rd
quarter 2003. I think they did not make that deadline.

So, just wanted to know if others had experienced this problem, and if
anyone new when I might get my lathe?

Sorry for the length of this post, but as I don't have my lathe yet I
don't have anything to do but complain.

P.S. I just checked again, and the status of availability for this
lathe on their website has gone from good to limited. That is an
understatement.

Roy March 16th 04 02:07 AM

HOMIER Lathe Order Problems, customer service dept. MIA...

Hell its a crap shoot if you buy from Homier tools in person at the
traveling tool sales, yet alone by phone or internet. I am sure you
will eventually get yout lathe, but when is anyones guess. If they are
out, and the next shipment is still being loadedon a boat in China
somewhere, it could be a looooooooooooooong time.

I would keep trying until you get them or call a number that is not a
sales number or 1-800 type number, and demand your credit card be
credited back with the amount. Its not right for them to charge the
card until the merchandise ships. I don;t know if its illegal to do
that, but a call to your credit card company would tell you. Its bad
business practice to charge a card and not have the goods to ship.
I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.

Siggy March 16th 04 05:13 AM

HOMIER Lathe Order Problems, customer service dept. MIA...

Try calling (219) 356-9477 or sending a FAX to (219) 356-4358 to see if you
get a response.

If you don't get satisfaction you can always dispute the charge on your
credit card. By law, the CC company must immediately credit back your
account while they investigate (As long as it's a credit and not a debit
card). Only problem with that is that I'm sure you'll lose your place in
line for a lathe when one comes in.

I'd recommend being patient. You'll really enjoy your lathe when it gets
there and all of you aggravation will fade away... Or, you could spend $500
and get one from Grizzly in 2-3 days.

Robert

om...

Jim Stewart March 16th 04 05:33 AM

Michael David Lay wrote:
I am sure others have experienced similiar problems, but I want to
post my story because I did my homework, did the research, to watch
out for this exact situation.

I decided I wanted a lathe, did some looking around, a lot of reading,
checked out the very EXCELLENT www.mini-lathe.com, and ordered my
Homier 7x12 Mini Lathe for $299, plus $63 in shipping.

I have a suggestion. As poor as their service is,
I still don't think you should hassle them. Their
alternative is to sweep up a lathe off the floor and
send it to you, just to shut you up.

If I were you, I'd hang tight, ask them to pick out
a nice one from the next batch and order some tooling
from Enco.

turnitdown March 16th 04 02:20 PM

HOMIER Lathe Order Problems, customer service dept. MIA...

Another handwringing cheapskate from that 7 X 10 mini lathe group- These
guys post on endlessly about buying one for 299.99 or 314.95 and then make a
big drama if the thing does't show up exactly on schedule. Once in their
hands they scrutinize the thing like it was a 500,000 CNC mill and moan
about backlash, flex, runout and everthing else that no reasonable person
would criticize in a machine that costs about as much as a family
Thanksgiving day dinner.
Hey guys, if you want quality and service step up and pay the price- if you
are a bottom feeder worrying over the 15.00 price difference get real and
stop the moaning.

jim rozen March 16th 04 04:13 PM

HOMIER Lathe Order Problems, customer service dept. MIA...

In article k.net, turnitdown
says...

Another handwringing cheapskate from that 7 X 10 mini lathe group- These
guys post on endlessly about buying one for 299.99 or 314.95 and then make a
big drama if the thing does't show up exactly on schedule. Once in their
hands they scrutinize the thing like it was a 500,000 CNC mill and moan
about backlash, flex, runout and everthing else that no reasonable person
would criticize in a machine that costs about as much as a family
Thanksgiving day dinner.

Fair's fair though, they shouldn't charge the card till it ships.

Jim

please reply to:

Lennie the Lurker March 16th 04 11:29 PM

"turnitdown" wrote in message thlink.net...

Hey guys, if you want quality and service step up and pay the price- if you
are a bottom feeder worrying over the 15.00 price difference get real and
stop the moaning.

I have never had any problem with Homier service, and I know what I'm
buying for that price. What you can't argue with, the machine does
what it's supposed to do, serving the purpose for which I bought it.
It ain't no Hardinge, but I didn't pay for one either. More important
is the guy with his hands on the controls. Fortunately ignorance can
be cured. Unfortunately, arrogance usually can't.

Michael David Lay March 17th 04 05:13 AM

HOMIER Lathe Order Problems, customer service dept. MIA...

Here's the thing, I was very excited about getting my lathe, and very
irritated when I wasn't getting it. Not having a lathe, I figured I
could at least whine about not having a lathe. Maybe you are used to
getting tragic customer service, I am not. None the less, I was
pretty clear about the fact that I know there are issues when shopping
for the cheapest. I also thought I mentioned that part of the reason
I bothered to write was I had not read other stories about problems,
and figured I would offer up mine.

What precisely is your issue? I assume you have a lathe, yet have
nothing better to do then get your panties in a wad over my shipping
issues? Seriously....ease up on the alcohol, deal with your rage
issues, and for God's Sake....stay away from sharp objects and
firearms.

To everyone else, thanks for your feedback. I still can't get through
to Homier, and I haven't bothered to try the direct numbers you gave
me. I will probably just wait it out because I don't want a 7x10
lathe for $329, nor do I want a 7x12 lathe for $499. For the
record....I am absolutely a cheapskate, and have never spent $300 on
Thanksgiving Dinner.

Thanks,
M.

Richard J Kinch March 17th 04 01:55 PM

Michael David Lay writes:

Now, I have no lathe, they have my money, they apparently don't want
to talk to me to either give my money back or at least tell me when I
might get the friggin lathe.

Tell them to refund your money (or, put in a card dispute) and order it
from Harbor Freight.

Michael David Lay March 18th 04 01:26 AM

HOMIER Lathe Order Problems, customer service dept. MIA...

Update: The lathe did ship, and truthfully it should arrive well
within their alloted 7-10 business days for delivery. So, was I being
reactive? I don't know, I never really minded having to wait for my
item, and would have been quite content if someone had just answered
one of my numerous inquiries and told me either "it would ship soon",
or "it was being loaded from China, expect to see it in two months".

Thanks,
m.

Lennie the Lurker March 18th 04 02:26 AM

Richard J Kinch wrote in message ...
Michael David Lay writes:

Now, I have no lathe, they have my money, they apparently don't want
to talk to me to either give my money back or at least tell me when I
might get the friggin lathe.

Tell them to refund your money (or, put in a card dispute) and order it
from Harbor Freight.

Time to inject a little reason here. I have, out of my now nine
lathes, the Speedway in question. I'm happy with it, it does fine for
smaller stuff, and on the small stuff is a lot more convenient than
either of my 12 inchers. No, it isn't going to run precision stuff
out of the box, you've gotta make it do that. Meaning for saving the
money, you've gotta do some work. Take the burrs off everything,
clean it well, make sure there are no chips sticking inside that will
raise hell later, and it will work just fine. I have had zero
problems dealing with Homier. I've bought a few items from them, not
much, and when I ordered the $7 angle grinder, I wasn't expecting a
Milwaukee. Which is good, because I didn't get one either. For the
money, it works. Add on a couple of bucks for one surplus ball
bearing and it works quite well. Yeah, it gets hot after a while, but
for $7 only a fool is going to expect an industrial grade tool. You
bought junk, and that's what you got. Sad fact is that it does what I
expect it to do, and I also expect it to get hot after a while. I'm
not complaining, just pointing out that not everyone expects a
Hardinge toolroom lathe for $300.

It's worth waiting for, it's not 2 inches longer than the HF, It's
four inches longer. Finely finished, smooth and polished? Don't
count on it, it's a little rough, but that's where you use labor to
replace money. It's quite solid and heavy, and MIcroMark has a wealth
of attachments for it at fairly reasonable prices. Don't lose your
temper, just have a little patience. It'll get there, you haven't
been ripped off.

turnitdown March 18th 04 01:35 PM

HOMIER Lathe Order Problems, customer service dept. MIA...

3-15-04 ordered lathe- didn't arrive immediately- big panic, pacing floor
3-17-04 lathe shipped
my prediction-
3-24-04 lathe arrives- scratch in paint- big panic- pacing floor

ED ROGERS March 19th 04 12:35 AM

HOMIER Lathe Order Problems, customer service dept. MIA...

I have the Homier lathe and when it arrived it had some damage from
shipping.There was no outward signs of damage to the crate and when I
called Homier they sent replacement parts with no questions asked.Parts
arrived in less than a week at no charge.I have purchased many items
from them with no problems.Your best bet is to buy at their traveling
tool sales done across the US.Get on their email list of sales in your
area.

Rex B March 19th 04 03:16 PM

On Thu, 18 Mar 2004 19:35:12 -0500 (EST), (ED ROGERS) wrote:

||I have the Homier lathe and when it arrived it had some damage from
||shipping.There was no outward signs of damage to the crate and when I
||called Homier they sent replacement parts with no questions asked.Parts
||arrived in less than a week at no charge.I have purchased many items
||from them with no problems.Your best bet is to buy at their traveling
||tool sales done across the US.Get on their email list of sales in your
||area.

those guys do get around. I'm in DFW and they been circling the area for about 6
weeks now, 2 sales per week. Get there early the first day if possible, because
the good stuff sells out. You will still find plenty to spend money on.

Rex in Fort Worth

In Commerce March 19th 04 04:41 PM

wrote:

||I have the Homier lathe and when it arrived it had some damage from
||shipping.There was no outward signs of damage to the crate and when I
||called Homier they sent replacement parts with no questions asked.Parts
||arrived in less than a week at no charge.I have purchased many items
||from them with no problems.Your best bet is to buy at their traveling
||tool sales done across the US.Get on their email list of sales in your
||area.

those guys do get around. I'm in DFW and they been circling the area for

about 6
weeks now, 2 sales per week. Get there early the first day if possible,

because
the good stuff sells out. You will still find plenty to spend money on.

It doesn't actually run out, they're just too lazy to get more out of the
truck.

Joel. phx

Rex in Fort Worth

Lennie the Lurker March 20th 04 12:34 AM

"In Commerce" wrote in message ...

It doesn't actually run out, they're just too lazy to get more out of the
truck.

Pretty easy to tell someone that's never been to one of their sales.
Homier doesn't bring in any more than their display. You get a slip
and take it to their truck, where they get it and you pick it up.

Engage brain before opening mouth, lazy twit.

Joel Corwith March 20th 04 01:48 AM

HOMIER Lathe Order Problems, customer service dept. MIA...

"Lennie the Moron " wrote in message
om...
"In Commerce" wrote in message

It doesn't actually run out, they're just too lazy to get more out of

the
truck.

Pretty easy to tell someone that's never been to one of their sales.
Homier doesn't bring in any more than their display. You get a slip
and take it to their truck, where they get it and you pick it up.

Nope, never. Oh, they only bring out one of each,... right. Except all
those extra drill presses and drill/mills they had next to the mini-mill.

Engage brain before opening mouth, lazy twit.

Means a lot coming from a moron. Lazy twit would be the guy running the
traveling circus that would rather leave it on the truck than sell it.

Joel. phx

Backlash March 20th 04 02:10 AM

HOMIER Lathe Order Problems, customer service dept. MIA...

The local Homier sales are held about a mile from my house, every few
months. I go to every one. I went to one last weekend, and every item was
brought out from the truck and placed on the sales floor to be sold, and the
items were restocked on the floor as they sold out. There is, however,
another travelling outfit called Cummins that uses the clipboard/sample/get
from the truck/ shopping method when in town.

RJ

--
"You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me, instead of you."

om...

Joel Corwith March 20th 04 02:53 AM

"Backlash" wrote in message
The local Homier sales are held about a mile from my house, every few
months. I go to every one. I went to one last weekend, and every item was
brought out from the truck and placed on the sales floor to be sold, and

the
items were restocked on the floor as they sold out. There is, however,
another travelling outfit called Cummins that uses the

clipboard/sample/get
from the truck/ shopping method when in town.

It's also possible they do it different in different towns or with different
crews. The first one I went to I believe was Homier and all the display was
along the sides, with the small stuff in the middle. Behind a rope was
boxes and boxes of large equipment. The second one they had several open
and behind the displays, but weren't willing to fetch one when the display
was missing parts "you can call the 1-800 number". One show I went to was
at a hotel and only seemed to have the smaller stuff and one each of the
larger items. I don't recall if that was Homier or not, but same 'quality'
of stuffs. I didn't know enough about them at the time to buy any of the
big ticket items.

Tuesday a HarborFreight opened about a mile away. I stopped by because they
sent me a 10% off coupon. The lines were along the exterior walls and into
the back room. Didn't need anything that bad, but it's nice to have it
close, when something breaks....

Joel. phx

Quick search on Cummins tool show:
http://www.cumminstools.com/
Don't see any machining tools...

RJ

--
"You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me, instead of

you."

I know what it is you saw

TheMan March 20th 04 07:34 AM

HOMIER Lathe Order Problems, customer service dept. MIA...

Yea, they vary here depending on where they set up. If the truck is buy
itself they don't bring everything out. But if it's part of a big sale at
the fairgrounds they unload it all. So it ain't the same everywhere.
Funny how people small some people think. I guess that's why I get turned
around everytime I walk into a Menards, the layout isn't exactly the same
from store to store...but Home Depot seems to be the same. So for the
smarty guy that said, "Engage brain before opening mouth, lazy twit." don't
expect that what happens in your town is the same in everybody else's.

Lennie the Lurker March 21st 04 05:27 AM

HOMIER Lathe Order Problems, customer service dept. MIA...

"Joel the terminally ignorant" had a brain fart and it caused his ass
to spew:

Nope, never. Oh, they only bring out one of each,... right. Except all
those extra drill presses and drill/mills they had next to the mini-mill.

Depends on how much room they have, the amount of room dictates their
operating method. Back to the trash with you.

Lazy twit would be the guy running the
traveling circus that would rather leave it on the truck than sell it.

Maybe you should spend a few days working with them and then tell us
how lazy you are. It's stupid jerks like you that are so willing to
say everyone else is lazy, when you're the one that doesn't want to
stir one of your well petrified muscles. they don't get paid to wheel
you around on a cart so you don't have to find out what your feet are
for. Your ass is for sitting on, and being as you're all ass....

Joel Corwith March 21st 04 05:34 PM

HOMIER Lathe Order Problems, customer service dept. MIA...

"Lennie the Lurker" wrote in message
m...
[...]

Nice rant, feel better?

I'm sorry, I didn't realize you worked for them. I didn't say -everyone- is
lazy, just you and your co-workers who have more time for "shop talk" than
helping people (see it's possible to insult without resorting to swear
words). Number of stitches indeed. I must not have hit the apply button,
my fault. It's amazing that you can *lurk* for 1/2 a day and not even post
metal content? That's only time mom will let you on the computer? I was
guessing 14, but since you're working more like 17. Guessing dad left and
mom works long hours? Though you might look into the definition of a
'lurker' and your posting stats. Perhaps when you grow up you can get into
a shop where they use real equipment and discuss completing projects and
tight schedules instead of your idea of "shop talk" which is really just
insulting people you've never met. And poorly done at that.

If you're not looking for a heart-attack by 40, I suggest asking a doctor
about an anger-control medicine such as Prozac or Wellbutrin. But instead
you'll just respond with another post containing vulgarities and what you
believe are 'hurtful' comments.

Have a nice life.
:)

Joel. phx

Lennie the Lurker March 22nd 04 04:51 AM

"Joel Corwith" wrote in message ...

I'm sorry, I didn't realize you worked for them. I didn't say -everyone- is
lazy, just you and your co-workers who have more time for "shop talk" than
helping people (see it's possible to insult without resorting to swear
words).

I'm very sorry about your tender feelings, tenderfoot. Pull your head
out of your ass and take a deep breath. You blew it again, and I have
every indication that blow is all you've ever done. Stuff it. I
don't work for any of them, fact is, after 44 years in the shops, I
called it quits.

BTW, there's 1000% more chance that your mother is lady of the night
than mine, as long as you want to go to right wing lows.

Number of stitches indeed.

That speaks volumes about your lack of knowledge of metalworking, and
the mannerisms we use. Sorry to burst your bubble, but it's a rough
business, one that forgives very few mistakes, and for your own
safety, you'd better find something that you can understand and
reason. I'm getting the feeling you're about as dense as they make
them, even for a right winger. (That's easy to tell too, you're
entirely too familiar with the brain poisons you wish everyone had to
take, as you do.)

Take your router and do what you want, nobody gives a ****, and you
might win a Darwin award for it.

Joel Corwith March 22nd 04 07:50 AM

HOMIER Lathe Order Problems, customer service dept. MIA...

"But instead
you'll just respond with another post containing vulgarities and what you
believe are 'hurtful' comments."

Well, I got that one right.

Were you this angry and bitter the whole 44 or just since retiring?

Joel. phx

I fail to understand the point of bracketing people on their 'political
views' (not a very good troll). That seems to be a fondness of this group
and somehow meant to insult? Was this a big part of your 'shop talk', or is
it just an old age type of thing? Just so I have a point of reference, is
Gunner left or right? Maybe I will be hurt,...

"Lennie the Lurker" wrote in message
om...
"Joel Corwith" wrote in message

I'm sorry, I didn't realize you worked for them. I didn't

say -everyone- is
lazy, just you and your co-workers who have more time for "shop talk"

than
helping people (see it's possible to insult without resorting to swear
words).

I'm very sorry about your tender feelings, tenderfoot. Pull your head
out of your ass and take a deep breath. You blew it again, and I have
every indication that blow is all you've ever done. Stuff it. I
don't work for any of them, fact is, after 44 years in the shops, I
called it quits.

Tooo funny. Anybody care?

Lennie the Lurker March 22nd 04 01:25 PM

HOMIER Lathe Order Problems, customer service dept. MIA...

"Joel Corwith" wrote in message ...

Were you this angry and bitter the whole 44 or just since retiring?

And who but you says I'm angry and bitter? I'm very intolerant of
total idiots, like you. Classifying someone as lazy without having
any knowledge in their jobs is stupid, arrogant, and relegates you to
the trash can.

I fail to understand the point of bracketing people on their 'political
views'

Right wingers are soooooo transparent, all they do is parrot what
their owners want them to. YOu like to put people in pigeonholes,
it's a right wing thing, but cry like babies when you find that we put
you in your own pigeonhole. Tough, you're the master of nothing. You
suggest a shrink and their filthy chemistry, you're a right wing
whacko, and use much of the stuff yourself. You show disdain for
working people, you're a right wing whacko. You think you're above
others, you're a right winger. THose are common traits that I've
never seen in anyone but a right winger, and you all have them.

I talk here like I talked in the shop, and as everyone else in the
shop spoke the same language, we understood each other quite well.
Understanding is something you have not, and will never have. Find
something you're more fit to do, like shelling peanuts.

Joel Corwith March 22nd 04 03:02 PM

HOMIER Lathe Order Problems, customer service dept. MIA...

"Lennie the Lurker" wrote in message
om...
"Joel Corwith" wrote in message

Were you this angry and bitter the whole 44 or just since retiring?

And who but you says I'm angry and bitter?

Several of the replys to your posts. Read your language, it's CLEAR your
angry and bitter. Or just an asshole.

I'm very intolerant of
total idiots, like you.

Name calling lefty. I see you truly like to pigeon hole people. Based on
your definition of right winger, you're really a right winger.

Classifying someone as lazy without having
any knowledge in their jobs is stupid, arrogant, and relegates you to
the trash can.

Finally! Thank you **** head. It must take all of your imagination to
understand a roadshow worker's job.

I fail to understand the point of bracketing people on their 'political
views'

Right wingers are soooooo transparent, all they do is parrot what
their owners want them to. YOu like to put people in pigeonholes,
it's a right wing thing, but cry like babies when you find that we put

Did *I* pigeon hole someone as a lefty right, or working class? No, I
recognized the ranting of a loser and posted as such. Whether you fit in
with your demented idea of the other members of those groups is irrelevant
(big word, sorry).

you in your own pigeonhole. Tough, you're the master of nothing. You
suggest a shrink and their filthy chemistry,

Just like I would suggest someone see a doctor for arthritis. But don't
take that 'filthy chemistry' when you can't walk. The problem with a mental
handicap is often the person doesn't recognize it, as you obviously don't.

you're a right wing
whacko, and use much of the stuff yourself. You show disdain for

Bad guess lefty. Working with persons such as yourself makes it obvious
when you post.

working people, you're a right wing whacko. You think you're above

Not "working people", just mental assholes like you. Most of the "working
people" I work with aren't arrogant little asses. See another example of
you saying "people" and me saying "YOU". Why is it you keep claiming *I*
pigeon hole people when it's *YOU* that keep throwing out these groupings?

others, you're a right winger. THose are common traits that I've
never seen in anyone but a right winger, and you all have them.

Pigeon holing, superior arrogant attitude, derogatory comments, I guess
that makes *YOU* the right winger.

I talk here like I talked in the shop, and as everyone else in the

So you were an asshole then too. I get it.

Joel. phx

Lennie the Lurker March 22nd 04 10:06 PM

HOMIER Lathe Order Problems, customer service dept. MIA...

"Joel Corwith" wrote in message ...

Finally! Thank you **** head. It must take all of your imagination to
understand a roadshow worker's job.

Most of which is done before they have to let the driveling ****heads
like you in and then have to wipe your noses for you.

Did *I* pigeon hole someone as a lefty right, or working class?

No, you classified them all as "lazy", and spent the rest of the time
displaying your total ignorance.

However, ratface, I've got your number, original thought isn't
something you do, you just parrot. Just, before you start calling
others lazy, look at yourself for the ultimate example. Of that, you
are one of the best, anything else, no. Stuff your attitude where it
belongs, right beside your head in your ass. I've been around all my
life without you, you can safely be ignored. You are simply not
needed, nothing to worry about, and nobody to even listen to. I
didn't get in the position I'm in today by listening to ****heads.

Joel Corwith March 23rd 04 12:16 AM

HOMIER Lathe Order Problems, customer service dept. MIA...

"Lennie the Lurker" wrote in message
m...
"Joel Corwith" wrote in message

Finally! Thank you **** head. It must take all of your imagination to
understand a roadshow worker's job.

Most of which is done before they have to let the driveling ****heads
like you in and then have to wipe your noses for you.

Right, because selling product is not the job of the show, their job is to
drive the truck up and not help customers. Apparently you support the
government mentality "LUNCH, sorry window closed till 2, you can wait in
line till then".

Oh sorry, did I insult another one of your group's 'working class'?

Did *I* pigeon hole someone as a lefty right, or working class?

No, you classified them all as "lazy", and spent the rest of the time
displaying your total ignorance.

You're right. I was so focused on your angry, hateful, rage ridden reply
that I completely overlooked clarifying that when I said "they" I did not
mean the entire working class of the free world. Clearly the morning crew
was not lazy as he was more than happy to get it off the truck (no, those
were here yesterday too). By the way, do you lefties consider the 'working
class' the guys leaning on shovels, or the guy digging? Pays the same,
doesn't matter?

However, ratface, I've got your number, original thought isn't
something you do, you just parrot.

I'm sorry, didn't know you were the god who decided who had the right to
speak, should we email it first to clear it with you?

Just, before you start calling
others lazy, look at yourself for the ultimate example. Of that, you
are one of the best, anything else, no.

Omniscient no less (sorry, nother big word).

Stuff your attitude where it
belongs, right beside your head in your ass. I've been around all my
life without you, you can safely be ignored. You are simply not
needed, nothing to worry about, and nobody to even listen to.

Seems others feel the same of your postings. They call classify it an
"abrasive personality", I call it being an 'asshole'.

I didn't get in the position I'm in today by listening to ****heads.

Can't hear yourself then, huh?

Joel. phx

Lennie the Lurker March 24th 04 03:03 AM

HOMIER Lathe Order Problems, customer service dept. MIA...

"Joel Corwith" wrote in message ...

I didn't get in the position I'm in today by listening to ****heads.

Can't hear yourself then, huh?

I can hear myself quite well. Much more so than I can hear you, and
you might as well be the sound of urine in the toilet. I listen to my
chihuahua's, but you don't have anything nearly as intelligent as they
do.

One last thing Mr. "so far right that you couldn't see the middle with
the Hale telescope", I'm neither left nor right, although the right
wing seems to be far the worse of the two bad choices. Must really
have bugged you that I could hit it as accurately on my first reading.
It's not hard to do, you all parrot the same tune, and it sucks
badly. I've worked all my life for what I have now, even though it may
not be the course you would have chosen. I have what I have because I
don't listen to the "better ideas" (NOT!!!) of the right wing, and I
did what was best for me. I don't give a **** what you do, or how it
turns out. You're of no consequence. I don't follow your ideals, I
have my own which I doubt that you could live up to.

Joel Corwith March 24th 04 07:25 AM

You're still listening. You MUST be the ****head.

you might as well be the sound of urine in the toilet. I listen to my
chihuahua's, but you don't have anything nearly as intelligent as they
do.

Chihuahua. That speaks volumes Mr My ideals are better than everyone
else's.

One last thing Mr. "so far right that you couldn't see the middle with
the Hale telescope", I'm neither left nor right, although the right
wing seems to be far the worse of the two bad choices. Must really
have bugged you that I could hit it as accurately on my first reading.
It's not hard to do, you all parrot the same tune, and it sucks

Boy, you are a stupid asshole at that. When did I parrot anyone's 'tune'.
I could tell from your responses to other people that you're an asshole.
That's no political position. I'm sure it's just a condition of your
environment since you're stupid enough to believe that type of crap.
Searching back I see you bashing Gunner so I assume that would be Right and
you Left. Since I trash the OT subjects and the only 'issue' with Gunner is
pro-gun I assume you're an anti-gun nut. Is that why you want to restrict
comments on rcm, you hate the US Constitution? "Hang it in your ass, lane,
nobody likes a net-nazi" Nice, very nice. Speaking of net-nazi
assholes....

badly. I've worked all my life for what I have now, even though it may
not be the course you would have chosen. I have what I have because I
don't listen to the "better ideas" (NOT!!!) of the right wing, and I
did what was best for me.

Sniff, sniff, I'm sooooo sorry you've had to listen to people your whole
life, that is such a crying shame. And I bet you watch news and politics on
TV and read all the OT topics here just so you can have something to BITCH
about. blah blah blahblahbhbbh. Course -I- would have chosen? I could
only aspire to be 1/2 the ass you are. You can keep calling me right
winger, I really have no idea what it means. One group likes guns, one not.
One group likes abortion, one not, one group believes what's written in the
constitutions, one not. One group is represented by Republicans the other
Democrats? Which one of each of these things is "right winger"?

I don't give a **** what you do, or how it turns out. .

That's twice you've said that DING!! dumb ****, because obviously you do.
Thought you were going to "trash me". Instead you need to continue being an
asshole. How *what* turns out? You know if you had 1/2 a clue you could
add me to a filter right now, but you won't DING!! dumb ****. You know
what, if you don't want to read "how it turns out" you don't have to read
the freakin post! DING!! Dumb ****. Notice I'm not saying DON'T READ IT,
I'm saying YOU HAVE THE CHOICE. Obviously you'll reply with some dumb ass
statement and I'm looking forward to it. Your handle contradicts your
actions. DING!! Dumb ****.

You're of no consequence

I see you want that censorship job again. Someone complains about OT posts
and you're the asshole in charge. You want to speak with your ass and
that's just fine. I get it, sorry I forgot to ask before posting Lord
Asshole.

I don't follow your ideals, I

You have no idea my "ideals", but you're too big a lazy ass to get that.
And get this, I don't give a **** what "ideals" you do follow, lefty.

have my own which I doubt that you could live up to.

Try as I might I don't think I could as big an ass as you. I wouldn't want
to anyway.

Joel. phx

Wait, one more post from the asshole calling me a righty and how I don't
matter,... commmming up.

Oh, and just for the record I do believe in 'arms' ownership,... and no,
'arms' does NOT mean pistols and rifles.

Lennie the Lurker March 24th 04 11:49 PM

HOMIER Lathe Order Problems, customer service dept. MIA...

"Joel Corwith" wrote in message ...

Chihuahua. That speaks volumes Mr My ideals are better than everyone
else's.

Spoken like someone that has never been around one long enough to know
what they are like. I don't have any problems with any dog, can't say
the same for their owners.

Is that why you want to restrict
comments on rcm, you hate the US Constitution?

Sorry dipwad, but I did my time in "defense" of the same document.
You're following a typical right wing whacko line of reasoning.

"Hang it in your ass, lane,
nobody likes a net-nazi" Nice, very nice. Speaking of net-nazi
assholes....

In true right wing manner, no context. Sorry dingbat, you lose that
one too.

Right wingers is soooooo predictable!

Sniff, sniff, I'm sooooo sorry you've had to listen to people your whole
life, that is such a crying shame.

Sitting on nine lathes, two mills, three surface grinders, and four
drillpresses, as well as a pretty good set of instruments, mostly
Starrett, Brown and Sharp, I don't really think I could cry much. Had
I paid any attention to your kind, it is doubtful that I would have
any of them, much less know how to use them.

And I bet you watch news and politics on
TV

TV is a right wing obcession, I don't have one, won't allow it in my
house. Sorry, your score is now minus 5000.

You can keep calling me right
winger, I really have no idea what it means.

It means that you're spoon fed the bull**** that our illegal
"president" is trying to dish out. Any one that can read at all can
see that your tactic is the same as his, the truth is out, defame the
exposer if you can.

You know if you had 1/2 a clue you could
add me to a filter right now, but you won't DING!! dumb ****.

If you had two functioning brain cells, you would know that Google
doesn't allow a kill filter. Pipe that up your ass and into your
head.

Your handle contradicts your
actions. DING!! Dumb ****.

My handle originated in a group that you probably don't even know
exists, and that I have since found out that to be one of them is a
disgrace, although I scrambled for three years to be in their number.
Unlike you, I do learn. I also don't regret turning my back on the
$7000 bucks I spent and walking away from them. Best decision I ever
made.

You're of no consequence

As we used to say on alt.aviation.safety, "we love our loons." Keep
it up, loon. Flame wars with the terminally stupid are nothing new to
me, and I do enjoy them. (That's why I sometimes hunt on the
predominantly conservative, or right (wrong)wing groups. No shortage
of loons available.)

Offbreed March 25th 04 09:03 PM

Lennie the Lurker wrote:

Sitting on nine lathes, two mills, three surface grinders, and four
drillpresses, as well as a pretty good set of instruments, mostly
Starrett, Brown and Sharp, I don't really think I could cry much. Had
I paid any attention to your kind, it is doubtful that I would have
any of them, much less know how to use them.

Sounds like you're one of those capitalist pigs, sitting on the
resources the the working class needs a share of. Weren't you the one
talking about how private property should be abolished?

TV is a right wing obcession, I don't have one, won't allow it in my
house. Sorry, your score is now minus 5000.

If you had a TV, you would know that most of the programing and news
is far left of center, and as critical of Bush as it can get without
being obvious. Unfortunatly, the internet is undercutting the monopoly.

Lennie the Lurker March 26th 04 04:03 AM

Offbreed wrote in message ...
Lennie the Lurker wrote:

Sitting on nine lathes, two mills, three surface grinders, and four
drillpresses, as well as a pretty good set of instruments, mostly
Starrett, Brown and Sharp, I don't really think I could cry much. Had
I paid any attention to your kind, it is doubtful that I would have
any of them, much less know how to use them.

Sounds like you're one of those capitalist pigs, sitting on the
resources the the working class needs a share of. Weren't you the one
talking about how private property should be abolished?

No, you're putting words in my mouth that only the gummer has
attributed falsely to me. The other hard fact is that goddam few of
you wouldn't have stuck your snouts in the air and let most of them go
to the compactor.

TV is a right wing obcession, I don't have one, won't allow it in my
house. Sorry, your score is now minus 5000.

If you had a TV, you would know that most of the programing and news
is far left of center,

Surrrre they are. How far right did you say you were? THey created a
fourth dimension so they could accomodate you? You're certainly far
to radical to fit this three dimensional universe. You'd fit right in
with rush "druggie" limbaughahahah. He doesn't have any concept of
reality either.

and as critical of Bush as it can get without
being obvious.

And the stupid son of a bitch has earned every bit of it. IF the dumb
******* would quit lying, quit acting like he has the capability to
think, and just drown himself, the world would be a much better place.
He's a disgrace to himself, his family, and the American people, not
to mention the human race and he should appologize to the universe for
filthing it up. bu$hco has no place in a position that he can decide
anything for anyone, even himself.

Offbreed March 27th 04 02:25 AM

Lennie the Lurker wrote:

Offbreed wrote in message ...

Sounds like you're one of those capitalist pigs, sitting on the
resources the the working class needs a share of. Weren't you the one
talking about how private property should be abolished?

No, you're putting words in my mouth that only the gummer has
attributed falsely to me. The other hard fact is that goddam few of
you wouldn't have stuck your snouts in the air and let most of them go
to the compactor.

Nope. I was arguing with a zero property type last year about the same
time we were arguing about something else. Got the two of you
confused. Sorry.

Hmmm (google, google, google), yeah. "Robbly the wobbly". (The workers
should own the tools. And how many people YOU know would set aside
resources to replace the tools with when they wear out?)

If you had a TV, you would know that most of the programing and news
is far left of center,

Surrrre they are. How far right did you say you were? THey created a
fourth dimension so they could accomodate you? You're certainly far
to radical to fit this three dimensional universe. You'd fit right in
with rush "druggie" limbaughahahah. He doesn't have any concept of
reality either.

What do Limbo and ACLU have in common?

One never sees dayligh during his show and the other is allergic to
crosses.

You might not agree with what's on the tube, but it sure is biased
left. Or, as Eric Hoffer said in "True Believer", when an extremist is
far enough in one direction, he becomes indistinguishable from
extremists in the other.

Nope. What I'm seeing on the tube is an attempt to support one style
of statism, one that is compatible with what calls it's self "left" or
"liberal".

and as critical of Bush as it can get without
being obvious.

And the stupid son of a bitch has earned every bit of it. IF the dumb
******* would quit lying, quit acting like he has the capability to
think, and just drown himself, the world would be a much better place.
He's a disgrace to himself, his family, and the American people, not
to mention the human race and he should appologize to the universe for
filthing it up. bu$hco has no place in a position that he can decide
anything for anyone, even himself.

I think he is doing wrong things, but what I think he is doing wrong
is not what the "liberals" say he is doing wrong. As a result, I often
appear to be a supporter of his.

What especially irks me is people criticising Bush for things that
Clinton did more of, and they either defended or praised Clinton for
doing. Or, repeating those criticisms originated by the Clinton
supporters.

Looks like Clinton did not do as much damage as he might have with
what he did is because he was a lazy SOB. Otherwise, the US would be
headed down the tubes just like Argentina did under Perron.

Jim Stewart March 28th 04 04:21 AM

Lennie the Lurker wrote:

Offbreed wrote in message ...

Nope. What I'm seeing on the tube is an attempt to support one style
of statism, one that is compatible with what calls it's self "left" or
"liberal".

You are seeing what you want to see, nothing more or less. You also
follow in the normal right wing line, if one is not right wing, he
must be left wing, there is no middle of the road. I'm sorry, but I
vote for the party that will do me the LEAST harm, and that is never
the right wing. I don't worry about the whims and wheedles of the
people with six or more figure incomes, or about the corporations,
they pay people to do the worrying for them. I'm more worried about
me and mine than I am about the spoiled haploid offspring of those
that think they know what's best for me. What's good for the 5% at
the top is NOT good for the 95% of us not in the top.

I think he is doing wrong things, but what I think he is doing wrong
is not what the "liberals" say he is doing wrong. As a result, I often
appear to be a supporter of his.

And again, "Disagree with the GWeeB and you're a liberal." Either
suck his ass daily or be called liberal. Did you ever notice that
republican and reprehensible have the same first three letters? One
means the other.

What especially irks me is people criticising Bush for things that
Clinton did more of,

It doesn't bother you that the GWeeB has taken a huge budget surplus
and turned it into a debt that will take many generations to pay off?
And for nothing more than a hillbilly ego trip? And how, in your
right wing extremist world, are you going to PAY for his ego trip?
The money has to come from somewhere, and the only legal way our
government has is with taxes. Taxes that will now be paid for many
years to pat little georgie on the ass and tell him that he's an
asshole. The right wing doesn't want any taxes, but I take that to
mean no taxes for the rich, more taxes for everyone else. You
complain about social programs, they cost too much, but blow many
times that amount for a little adventure in Iraq, where the GWeeB will
never put his worthless ass. You **** and moan about "tax and spend"
liberals, then come up with the brilliant "borrow and spend". You ****
and moan when the taxpayer wants something for the dollars we send to
the GWeeB, but only because you want to give more breaks to the
corporations, so they don't have any tax liability. As more and more
of them are now headquartered or owned someplace other than the US,
that makes a lot of sense, "lets hurry up and send everything to
someplace else."

The GWeeB is on the hotseat now, the same old tactic will be used,
smear the squealer. I _like_ squealers, the president should never be
off the hotseat, doesn't matter which party he belongs to. He is
supposed to be accountable to the people that he's supposed to
represent, not set himself up as another dictator. He's supposed to
uphold law and order in this country as a primary function, not as an
afterthought when the money giving is all done. Laws are supposed to
be made by congress, not the president, and especially one that is not
legally in the office. IF he's lying, and the GWeeB has no other way
of life, he should be called on it, and demanded to justify his
actions. He cannot, so he will not allow it. Which is why he's going
to follow his failure father down the same failure tube. (Actually,
george the first wasn't really all that bad, but he accomplished
exactly nothing. george the second has to measure his accomplishments
in negative numbers.) The failure, total and complete, of the right
wing is staring you in the face, and you refuse to see it.

I don't know what's wrong with me today. I
actually agree with about half of what Lenny

jim rozen March 28th 04 04:37 AM

HOMIER Lathe Order Problems, customer service dept. MIA...

In article , Lennie the Lurker
says...

The GWeeB is on the hotseat now, the same old tactic will be used,
smear the squealer.

This can't go on indefinitely. The administration screwed
Plame because her husband squealed. Next chance it gets,
the CIA takes the opportunity to give some back, and blurts
out the fact that audio recordings of that meeting exist.

It's a small world, you can't screw your co-workers forever
without it coming around to nip you on the ass.

Jim

please reply to:

Gunner March 28th 04 08:25 AM

HOMIER Lathe Order Problems, customer service dept. MIA...

On 27 Mar 2004 19:37:37 -0800, jim rozen
wrote:

In article , Lennie the Lurker
says...

The GWeeB is on the hotseat now, the same old tactic will be used,
smear the squealer.

This can't go on indefinitely. The administration screwed
Plame because her husband squealed. Next chance it gets,
the CIA takes the opportunity to give some back, and blurts
out the fact that audio recordings of that meeting exist.

It's a small world, you can't screw your co-workers forever
without it coming around to nip you on the ass.

Jim

Yup.. Clinton found that out.

On a related note..visa vis the co-workers..too bad so many of them
wound up dead or out of work. The poor ******* who ran the White House
Travel Office was a prime example. So is Linda Tripp. Vince Foster,
Ron Brown, Kathleen Wiley's husband...quite a list.

Gunner

"As physicists now know, there is some nonzero probability that any object will,
through quantum effects, tunnel from the workbench in your shop to Floyds Knobs,
Indiana (unless your shop is already in Indiana, in which case the object will
tunnel to Trotters, North Dakota).
The smaller mass of the object, the higher the probability.
Therefore, disassembled parts, particularly small ones,
of machines disappear much faster than assembled machines."
Greg Dermer: rec.crafts.metalworking

Lennie the Lurker March 28th 04 05:37 PM

jim rozen wrote in message ...

This can't go on indefinitely. The administration screwed
Plame because her husband squealed. Next chance it gets,
the CIA takes the opportunity to give some back, and blurts
out the fact that audio recordings of that meeting exist.

It doesn't have to go on indefinitely, if some of these are not sorted
out, there is a good chance that the damage will be done before the
facts are really known, if they ever are. Chances of what's on those
tapes being known by the public are exactly zero, nada, zilch. The
same old crap will continue, if it's going to be damaging to the
president, and it doesn't matter which side he comes from, suddenly
"national security" would be put at risk if it became public
knowledge. My thoughts on the matter, if it's going to be damaging to
the president, it SHOULD be public knowledge. For an analogy, when
one decides to run for that office, his life should become a glass
house, and the windows should be top quality optical glass. If
someone wants to "lead" the country, every act he does should be open
to public scrutiny, and with high power glasses examining every breath
he takes. His life before running should be examined closely, and
from every possible direction. If there's a mark against him, it
should be known BEFORE he's elected or allowed to run. A candidate
should not be allowed to seal his military, civil, criminal or any
other record from being examined closely by the people he's trying to
convince. If something will be damaging to the president if it were
known, that should be the lowest priority, or not even on the list.
Far more important that the people he wants to "lead" know where he's
leading us from, and where he wants to lead us to. So far, all I've
seen is a lack of a direction he wants us to go in, no clear cut
vision with a goal, and no means of accomplishing anything that is to
the benefit of the rest of us.

If it turns out that georgie girl lied to the country in his reasons
for invading Iraq, he has disgraced not only himself, but the entire
country in the process. His reasons become only excuses, and very
weak ones at that.