Stinky

Default Human Gyroscope

Any help would be appreciated...

Hi,

I'm trying to build a trailerable human gyroscope from scatch, but am
having difficulties finding specs/schematics for one. It's for fun!

Thanks, Woof

The Art of Peace
Morihei Ueshiba
54

Always practice the Art of Peace in a vibrant and joyful manner.

Roger Shoaf

I saw one of those things at an amusement park where there was three
concentric rings on gimbals so each ring spun on a different axis.

I am not sure what they called it but I thought "vomitron" would be a good
handle.

If you were going to build one of these, the tricky part would probably be
the way you chose to attach the victim to the inner ring.

--
Roger Shoaf

"Stinky" wrote in message
Any help would be appreciated...

Hi,

I'm trying to build a trailerable human gyroscope from scatch, but am
having difficulties finding specs/schematics for one. It's for fun!

Thanks, Woof

The Art of Peace
Morihei Ueshiba
54

Always practice the Art of Peace in a vibrant and joyful manner.

Ian Stirling

Roger Shoaf wrote:
I saw one of those things at an amusement park where there was three
concentric rings on gimbals so each ring spun on a different axis.

I am not sure what they called it but I thought "vomitron" would be a good
handle.

If you were going to build one of these, the tricky part would probably be
the way you chose to attach the victim to the inner ring.

Probably best to ask over in *.bondage.

Ian Sutherland

Hi Stinky, wish I could help, great fun to ride in. I was going to
build one a few years ago, sketched one with all dimensions but don't
really think I could lay my hands on them. However over the next few
day's will make a concentrated search & if I find them will scan for
you. I haven't seen one for a few years. Cheer's Ian (Oz)
Old Nick

On Sun, 14 Mar 2004 06:39:12 -0800, Stinky vaguely
proposed a theory
.......and in reply I say!:

Any help would be appreciated...

Try Mevlevi Order on google....Whirling Dervishes....

..........no I'm not!

Does Bill Gates dream of electronic sheep?

steamer

--Go to www.exploratorium.edu. If you're building what I think you
are they'll have plans for one, in one of their collected books of exhibit
design. Not cheap those books, but they're excellent.

--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : Rock is waiting for
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : the next Klaus Nomi...