Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gerald Miller

Default Looking for a heat projection tube

On Mon, 1 May 2006 15:20:43 -0700, "Teamcasa"
wrote:

"tillius" wrote in message
oups.com...
I need some type of heat lamp or heat projection tube capable of
heating about a 6"x6" square area to 85-90 degrees from about 8 feet.

The unit must be small and discreet.

I need to use it to cause the thermostat near my cubicle to read 88
degrees so the AC will run. We had tried just to set it to 75 degrees,
but there are a couple of people here who won't tollerate it being that
'cold' so they turn it up to 85 deg. I figure if I can make that
thermostat sense 85 degrees, I can hook up a thermostat to the heat
'projector' in my cubicle and set it to so it will keep the AC
Thermostat at 88 deg until my cublicle is cooled to 75 degrees.

Thanks for any ideas

Till

Buy them sweaters or install fake thermoostats.

[From the web]
The situation: "We had a problem develop with the secretary of the senior
vice president. Her office was outside her boss's office, and the thermostat
controlling the VAV box was in his office. He (like myself) was a large man,
and preferred the temperature at about 70[degrees]F instead of 72[degrees]
to 73[degrees]. She was a middle-aged lady who was subject to rapid
fluctuations in comfort."
After a string of callbacks and after the initial confusion of the foreman
assigned the task, a fake thermostat was installed over the weekend. At the
next meeting with the owner's representative, the rep confirmed that the
secretary was completely happy. "The phantom placebo thermostat had done its
job well!"

We did this in our cafe. Everybody is happy.

Dave

It helps even more to install an unconnected diffuser directly over
her desk, just make certain it looks authentic.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada

Windows [email protected] Home Repair 7 January 21st 06 01:06 PM
Heat Pump confusion [email protected] Home Repair 12 December 22nd 05 11:41 AM
prog. therm. and heat pump questions Russell Coleman Home Repair 63 December 20th 05 12:21 AM
heat pump/secondary propane furnace questions JohnW Home Ownership 11 January 28th 05 01:50 PM