Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Scott

Default eastern TN machinists: I need to rent machine time on lathe and fullsize mill

On Sun, 30 Apr 2006 16:38:29 -0700, harrison.r.bergero wrote:

If there are any machinists in or near Johnson City, TN who would be
willing to rent time to me on their full-sized milling machine (not a
mini-mill, needs to be able to take tools with 3/4" shafts) and/or a
full-sized lathe (6" swing, bed length doesn't matter as long as it's more
than two inches) please email me.

Well I am in Hendersonville NC about 90 miles from you. My mill is not the
biggest around but it will handle 3/4 tooling, and my lathe fits that
envelope. The house and shop has been sold and I will be moving in about
3 weeks. if fits your needs... my email is

Scott
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Hi,

I have a project I am trying to complete. Unfortunately, I don't have
the tools for a few of the last cuts. I've done almost everything so
far on a mini-mill but I've hit its limits.

If there are any machinists in or near Johnson City, TN who would be
willing to rent time to me on their full-sized milling machine (not a
mini-mill, needs to be able to take tools with 3/4" shafts) and/or a
full-sized lathe (6" swing, bed length doesn't matter as long as it's
more than two inches) please email me. I probably won't need more than
a couple of hours. I'm willing either to rent time for me to do the
machining, or to pay you for your time to do the machining while I hang
around, whichever you are comfortable with.

I have my own tools for the milling cuts, but would need to buy a
couple of lathe bits. I don't know of any shops locally; the only one
I've seen (Matheson and Son, Elizabethton) seems to have shut down
permanently.

Thanks muchly.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bugs

Bristol Machine & Engineering is a small shop with some humongus old
equipment. They do custom work & are nice people to deal with.
It would help if you were more specific about the operations you need
performed. Give them a call.
Bugs